OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Hijack FAIL!

Go down 
+6
PJsnaks
The Mortonator
SoupWithSauce
Astraeos
Vaseline
Barbelith
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm guessing you guys know all this from experience.
Back to top Go down
Aximand
Skilled Troller
Aximand

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:58 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
A combination of Myth Busters, History Channel, Discovery Channel and just knowing that the aluminum alloy skin of an airplane capable of keeping in breathable pressure won't yield to a 9mm bullet. That and the fact that airplane windows are armored.
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Aximand wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:
A combination of Myth Busters, History Channel, Discovery Channel and just knowing that the aluminum alloy skin of an airplane capable of keeping in breathable pressure won't yield to a 9mm bullet. That and the fact that airplane windows are armored.

I love the first three. The rest, is history.
Back to top Go down
Aximand
Skilled Troller
Aximand

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:03 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Aximand wrote:
SoupWithSauce wrote:

I love the first three. The rest, is history.
It is, actually, when the Mythbusters tried it the bullets couldn't penetrate the windows.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Aximand wrote:
The bullets in small caliber hand guns (most effective hijacking firearm) have insufficient kinetic force to penetrate the skin of an Airplane, including windows. Even if it did penetrate, by some miracle, the hole would be so small that no one in the cabin would be in threat of suffocating or being sucked out, the pressure would just be too little to suck a person out. Now, if you opened the hole with a block of C4, that's another thing, the plane and the people on it would be fucked. All in all, the danger of a hand gun depressurizing a cabin is minuscule, on the border of miracle.

I was thinking more Dirty Harry. But I pretty much already stated that if it penetrated the walls it wouldn't be worth worrying about. And as I stated with many conditional maybes, there is only the slightest possibly of something worth worrying about.
Back to top Go down
Aximand
Skilled Troller
Aximand

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:10 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
The bullets in small caliber hand guns (most effective hijacking firearm) have insufficient kinetic force to penetrate the skin of an Airplane, including windows. Even if it did penetrate, by some miracle, the hole would be so small that no one in the cabin would be in threat of suffocating or being sucked out, the pressure would just be too little to suck a person out. Now, if you opened the hole with a block of C4, that's another thing, the plane and the people on it would be fucked. All in all, the danger of a hand gun depressurizing a cabin is minuscule, on the border of miracle.

I was thinking more Dirty Harry. But I pretty much already stated that if it penetrated the walls it wouldn't be worth worrying about. And as I stated with many conditional maybes, there is only the slightest possibly of something worth worrying about.
Yea that wasn't directed at you, it was agreeing with you and directed at other people's ignorance.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Aximand wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Yea that wasn't directed at you, it was agreeing with you and directed at other people's ignorance.
Okay cool, I'm gonna sit in the corner with a dunce cap on and take pot shots at passenger planes.
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:14 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Okay cool, I'm gonna sit in the corner with a dunce cap on and take pot shots at passenger planes.

Can I join? I have a sling shot!
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:15 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
Can I join? I have a sling shot!
Woh, watch it. Do you know how high a caliber that thing can take?
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

Location : In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark dark cellar….

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:15 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:

hey mort it's easier if you go outside first
Back to top Go down
Aximand
Skilled Troller
Aximand

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Barbelith wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:

Outside is scary, though.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Aximand wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:

Indeed, I'll stay in the corner of my candy van if you don't mind.

Last edited by TheMortonator. on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:20 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

Indeed, I'll say in the corner of my candy van if you don't mind.

I got the spatula ready.
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

Location : In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark dark cellar….

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:07 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:
Barbelith wrote:

Indeed, I'll say in the corner of my candy van if you don't mind.

So you're trying to entice Branch and SWS now are you?

Why you dirty bugger.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Aximand wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Aximand wrote:

I heard there are germs out there.
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Was I drunk when I posted this because I don't remember a single one of these posts. Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 pm

How would we know?
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
How would we know?

I demand you find out!
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Barbelith wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
How would we know?

I demand you find out!

Okay I'll take on Burkman and Ban as my smartass sidekicks and I'll need a cow, a ray gun, and my own secret code name.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
How would we know?

I demand you find out!

Okay I'll take on Burkman and Ban as my smartass sidekicks and I'll need a cow, a ray gun, and my own secret code name.

I don't think I can agree to those terms... Only way I can be a sidekick is if Bats were the main hero...
Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 Batman_and_joker
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

PostSubject: Re: Hijack FAIL!   Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Meatlocker wrote:
Barbelith wrote:
Meatlocker wrote:
How would we know?

I demand you find out!

Cow...

Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 Cow+%25282%2529

.....Check

Ray Gun......

Hijack FAIL! - Page 2 Ray-gun-738

.....check

Secret code name........

......hmmm

now be off with you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content