I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Dark Space (OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:29 pm

RPing advice: Make your posts less of quotes. What is Tarkus thinking, smelling, feeling, seeing, hearing? What's his motivation for his lack of respect to the Major? What makes Mr. Tarkus different from any other smuggler in the galaxy? Since you're a guide, give some character relevant history with you tied to the territory.


Also, advice for the flow of the RP. Scott is the GM. You do not push forward with out his say so. When he says you're a guide, he means that you are familiar with the territory of the planet and understand how to navigate around. Scott knows where to go.

Know what time we're in. As Ban said, this is more than 3,600 years before the movies. All lore after that is not relevant. It might help if you chose a color for your speaking. It helps readers tell the difference between thoughts and the character's words.


And finally, read other people's posts and understand the situation. If you need help understanding something, talk to someone through steam or ask in this thread.

Its a process, and you'll never get better unless you can take in criticism and make yourself better. I know whats it like to be new to RPing. Trust me lol

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Bwanch wrote:
RPing advice: Make your posts less of quotes. What is Tarkus thinking, smelling, feeling, seeing, hearing? What's his motivation for his lack of respect to the Major? What makes Mr. Tarkus different from any other smuggler in the galaxy? Since you're a guide, give some character relevant history with you tied to the territory.


Also, advice for the flow of the RP. Scott is the GM. You do not push forward with out his say so. When he says you're a guide, he means that you are familiar with the territory of the planet and understand how to navigate around. Scott knows where to go.

Know what time we're in. As Ban said, this is more than 3,600 years before the movies. All lore after that is not relevant. It might help if you chose a color for your speaking. It helps readers tell the difference between thoughts and the character's words.


And finally, read other people's posts and understand the situation. If you need help understanding something, talk to someone through steam or ask in this thread.

Its a process, and you'll never get better unless you can take in criticism and make yourself better. I know whats it like to be new to RPing. Trust me lol

And here's to Branch being one mature-ass fucker...
You keep surprising...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Say whaaa? 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Damn, that was a long motherfucker...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Ban: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kriff


And also, there's no reason for a Star Wars character to say Christ, MT.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Ban: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kriff


And also, there's no reason for a Star Wars character to say Christ, MT.

No.
you 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Bwanch wrote:
Ban: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kriff


And also, there's no reason for a Star Wars character to say Christ, MT.

No.
you 

ITS KRIFF DAMMIT


They don't say fuck in Star Wars!!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Bwanch wrote:
Ban: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kriff


And also, there's no reason for a Star Wars character to say Christ, MT.

No.
you 

ITS KRIFF DAMMIT


They don't say fuck in Star Wars!!!

Still, no.
yeah 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:32 pm

They say "Damn" and "Hell" in TOR...  Why can't they say fuck? Because it's supposed to be "family friendly".

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 pm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos

"Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as The Void"


But fine. Still, saying Christ is out of place.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:31 am

Burkman wrote:
They say "Damn" and "Hell" in TOR...  Why can't they say fuck? Because it's supposed to be "family friendly".

Because Star Wars has its own profanity... that's why we RP... cause it's "in-character"... sure you can use the word "fuck" if you want.  Just expect my character to give you the wtf face when you say it.  What language doth tho speaketh? lololololol

PS: sorry guys Imma be a bit busy for the next day or two... get back to you when I can.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Somebody post something... I wanna continue...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 pm

We've reached a pause until Scott or MT posts. Both me and Burk's post were related to Scott

 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 pm

I want a zombie cameo. Sad

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:28 pm

We asked the zombie you... BUT THEN HE SAID HE COULDN'T BE THERE

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilbourn
WolfPack
WolfPack


Posts : 4063
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 999
Location : le tit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Bwanch wrote:
We asked the zombie you... BUT THEN HE SAID HE COULDN'T BE THERE

BUY ME A NEW KEYBOARD

_________________
Murder: Noun - The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

The Dark One returns.
9/11 was an inside job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:40 am

Seriously, somebody write something...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Bwanch wrote:
We've reached a pause until Scott or MT posts. Both me and Burk's post were related to Scott

 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Bwanch wrote:
We've reached a pause until Scott or MT posts. Both me and Burk's post were related to Scott

 

I don't fucking care... Advance the damn thing!
*Has a tremendous hissy-fit*

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Well MT has apparently gone AWOL.... hope we didn't scare him... *looks at Ban*


If you really want to continue, just write ***** under your current post. (that wasn't a censored word)

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Bwanch wrote:
Well MT has apparently gone AWOL.... hope we didn't scare him... *looks at Ban*


If you really want to continue, just write ***** under your current post. (that wasn't a censored word)

No, I can't continue until you guys get into town...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MT
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 918
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm still alive and kickin' but busy with some stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 am

MT wrote:
I'm still alive and kickin' but busy with some stuff.

Kay. Well its you or Scott next. And check the last few pages for a RP helper I posted

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11277
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 am

So last night I had this nice long post written out... and I wasn't even finished with it. THE MOTHER#$(*^(*&#^ SON OF A^(*&$## YY@(*^#($^@#&$^... crashed. And now I have to restart the post from fucking memory.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:57 am

Scott wrote:
So last night I had this nice long post written out... and I wasn't even finished with it. THE MOTHER#$(*^(*&#^ SON OF A^(*&$## YY@(*^#($^@#&$^... crashed. And now I have to restart the post from fucking memory.

Which is why I always keep a text document for backup...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dark Space (OOC)   Today at 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Dark Space (OOC)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Hunters, Predator themed army. Finished Army Update 29/07/12!
» Dark Eldar vs. Space Marines 1500 pts
» 1850 Space Wolves vs Dark Eldar
» Thoughts on Dark Eldar vs 6th Edition Chaos Space Marines
» (Video) Battle Report: Dark Eldar vs Chaos Space Marines 1500pt

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: Community Creations :: Out Of Character Discussion-
Jump to: