I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Branch wrote:
Matieu wrote:
Oooh.... I didn't see the "New PM" symbol in the corner... I did, but I thought that was just Causa's vote... erm...

8th: shoshana.

Reguardless of that mistake, Causa is still out.

I'm watching you.... I'm always watching...

(WTF, why don't we have evil Jawa?)

You know you can just ask. my jawa is uncheerfu

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 pm

(Causa) wrote:
Branch wrote:
Matieu wrote:
Oooh.... I didn't see the "New PM" symbol in the corner... I did, but I thought that was just Causa's vote... erm...

8th: shoshana.

Reguardless of that mistake, Causa is still out.

I'm watching you.... I'm always watching...

(WTF, why don't we have evil Jawa?)

You know you can just ask. my jawa is uncheerfu

Unless asked... ignore them... unless it's me... I just like to give you your daily beatings...

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Mr. Branch
The Fabulous


Posts : 7902
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Next challenge?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon


Posts : 6248
Join date : 2011-02-05
Age : 17
Location : Green Dolphin Street Prison

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Scott wrote:
(Causa) wrote:
Branch wrote:
Matieu wrote:
Oooh.... I didn't see the "New PM" symbol in the corner... I did, but I thought that was just Causa's vote... erm...

8th: shoshana.

Reguardless of that mistake, Causa is still out.

I'm watching you.... I'm always watching...

(WTF, why don't we have evil Jawa?)

You know you can just ask. my jawa is uncheerfu

Unless asked... ignore them... unless it's me... I just like to give you your daily beatings...

Woah..

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Okay then.. after that... odd... vote...



Challenge 2: You asked for something knew?
I intend to deliver, this new Challenge will take you to the furthest reaches of the internet... places you never thought you would explore... I present to you, OT Survivor's very first online Scavenger Hunt:

How does it work?
I will provide 5 clues, these clues will ask you to find me an image of blank, or in some cases they will just be a word or two, some will be hard, some you may find easy, regardless, it will be interesting, and I hope, entertaining. Together, these 5 images can be added together to create a one word sentence. When you have all the images/words, you will PM them to me, along with what you believe the sentence is. Whoever is closest wins Immunity and has a 1 in 7 chance of getting their own title.

Clue 1: This American Football team used to be good, until their quarterback decided to go flash some girl via phone.

Clue 2: This former mortal enemy of mine once asked me to shrink down an image of this for him.

Clue 3: This planet was the first one released on a website we should all know well...

Clue 4: The final Nazi offensive in WWII was widely known as this.

Clue 5: In the popular Star Wars comic series, a parallel universe to ours, the questionable Jim, actually a genius who turns his brain off online, attempts to solve issues by summoning this.

Final sentence:

The *Insert what clue 1's image shows* fought *insert what clue 2 image shows* on *clue 3 image shows* even as *4*. Ack! A giant *5* will kill us all!

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Note: All of the clues except the final one should be easy enough to get. If you think hard enough you should be able to get them. That, or google.

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 pm

*brings Matieu a scrambled egg, what looks to be a horse's hoof, a little of fiat's urine, and a cupcake* Did I win? :shock:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:12 pm

I only know the fourth one.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 pm

I think i might actually win this one......
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Matieu wrote:
Normally... there would be three more votes, but as some people decided to ignore my request to attach their vote, we merely have one more.

I honestly do not remember this. Are votes good or kick off the island?

If I need votes for this new round I'll send them after you tell me I do.

Also, I had to look up about one of those.
:flex:

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shoshana.
GD Member


Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 pm

...........This one actually requires effort. /sigh. Why are the votes anonymous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 am

shoshana. wrote:
...........This one actually requires effort. /sigh. Why are the votes anonymous?

Not really, the football one did but the rest are pretty easy. Although, having just went over WWII in history helped.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies


Posts : 2377
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 1003
Location : Ghetto

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:40 am

TheMortonator. wrote:
shoshana. wrote:
...........This one actually requires effort. /sigh. Why are the votes anonymous?

Not really, the football one did but the rest are pretty easy. Although, having just went over WWII in history helped.

Please, tell me your secret. For I am mortally stumped.
I can only figure out two, the others are making me do this face:



Oh and /self congratulate myself for winning that last challenge.

:wookie:

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Daroska wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
shoshana. wrote:
...........This one actually requires effort. /sigh. Why are the votes anonymous?

Not really, the football one did but the rest are pretty easy. Although, having just went over WWII in history helped.

Please, tell me your secret. For I am mortally stumped.
I can only figure out two, the others are making me do this face:

What two are those? It helps that I remember 2-5. Two, you probably already got. Easy that. Three, you can figure out in about five seconds. Four, you need to know a little, but hey that's what google is for right? I did refresh my memory to get it, but we had just done it in history. Five, well that's a popular reference to as the question says, a comic.


_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies


Posts : 2377
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 1003
Location : Ghetto

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:19 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
Daroska wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:


Not really, the football one did but the rest are pretty easy. Although, having just went over WWII in history helped.

Please, tell me your secret. For I am mortally stumped.
I can only figure out two, the others are making me do this face:

What two are those? It helps that I remember 2-5. Two, you probably already got. Easy that. Three, you can figure out in about five seconds. Four, you need to know a little, but hey that's what google is for right? I did refresh my memory to get it, but we had just done it in history. Five, well that's a popular reference to as the question says, a comic.

The only one I'm stuck on now is Clue 1.
I know nothing of American Football and Google is being useless again.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi


Posts : 2578
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Daroska wrote:
The only one I'm stuck on now is Clue 1.
I know nothing of American Football and Google is being useless again.

Ya, google was being a pain and only wanted to get me to see a dong or satanic symbol at first. However, I kept using my head and finally found a link which gave me a clue as to who it was that did it and helped me put that together with another link google had kept coming up with, but I couldn't figure out why. I knew this was the right track after I saw the name of the player.

_________________


"When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade."

Evil Hat Association. The RP spin off from SW:TOR. WE USED TO BE ONE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:28 pm

I didn't realize how much trouble my questions would cause, ehe..

TheMortonator. wrote:


I honestly do not remember this. Are votes good or kick off the island?

If I need votes for this new round I'll send them after you tell me I do.

Also, I had to look up about one of those.
:flex:

You vote out who you wish to remove from the game.

One day left after today, please remember to send me your votes, and if you feel like taking a shot at the riddles, then please do.

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 pm

results?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Matieu wrote:
I didn't realize how much trouble my questions would cause, ehe..

TheMortonator. wrote:


I honestly do not remember this. Are votes good or kick off the island?

If I need votes for this new round I'll send them after you tell me I do.

Also, I had to look up about one of those.
:flex:

You vote out who you wish to remove from the game.

One day left after today, please remember to send me your votes, and if you feel like taking a shot at the riddles, then please do.

wait why is so much time given?!?! I was expecting round 3 to begin today.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Im going to resubmit my results!!! i had no idea so much extra time was handed out.
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm

DarthNemis wrote:
Im going to resubmit my results!!! i had no idea so much extra time was handed out.

I can't just start now, its not fair to those who havent tried yet. That, and I have four votes. Four votes is not enough... 6, maybe.

_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:22 pm

btw what happens if i tie for immunity? i know i got 4/5 of them i think

Edit: do the immunity people have some sort of epic battl;e?
Back to top Go down
Matieu
Slayer of Branch
Slayer of Branch


Posts : 2568
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 26
Location : I'm a Bachelor now, I'm everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:40 pm

DarthNemis wrote:
btw what happens if i tie for immunity? i know i got 4/5 of them i think

Edit: do the immunity people have some sort of epic battl;e?

Well in the case of a tie I would judge on who got the sentence the closest (i.e.) matched the words exactly as I envisioned.

Anyway, I have results, as somebody aced my test, COMPLETELY. So here's the answers, and then who got them correct.

Clue 1: This American Football team used to be good, until their quarterback decided to go flash some girl via phone.
Answer: The Vikings, quarterback who did it, Brett Farve. To a certain somebody: No, I do not want you to send me the picture of his dick...

Clue 2: This former mortal enemy of mine once asked me to shrink down an image of this for him.
Answer: Talz, Boba asked me to shrink an image of it down for him, it was via PM, so I made a thread on these forums basically giving you all the answer.

Clue 3: This planet was the first one released on a website we should all know well...
Answer: Tython, released in a Dev Dispatch. I hoped you would all realize I meant The Old Republic website.

Clue 4: The final Nazi offensive in WWII was widely known as this.
Answer: The Battle of the Bulge. One of my favorite battles of all time, there were some good guesses on this, but it was the Battle of the Bulge, winter of 1944 the Nazi's attempted to attack the center of the Allies line, hoping to break it and splinter the ally forces. It didn't work, but it caused a bulge in the allies line, thus naming is the Battle of the Bulge. Actually called the Ardennes Offensive, I said Widely Known As :). This one was pretty tough, but Google helps.

Clue 5: In the popular Star Wars comic series, a parallel universe to ours, the questionable Jim, actually a genius who turns his brain off online, attempts to solve issues by summoning this.
Answer: Bigger Fish. This might have been the hardest, but in the comic series Darths and Droids, which among Star Wars fans is pretty widely known, Bigger Fish is a good joke.

Final Sentence:

The Vikings fought Talz on Talz even as The Battle of the Bulge occured. Ack! A giant bigger fish will kill us all!

Challenge winner: TheMortonator. Congragulations.

Now then, I need votes.


_________________
The Ability to Speak does not make you Intelligent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies


Posts : 2377
Join date : 2011-04-19
Age : 1003
Location : Ghetto

PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Matieu wrote:

Challenge winner: TheMortonator. Congragulations.

Now then, I need votes.

You can just copypasta my old votes onto this one.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Matieu wrote:
DarthNemis wrote:
btw what happens if i tie for immunity? i know i got 4/5 of them i think

Edit: do the immunity people have some sort of epic battl;e?

Well in the case of a tie I would judge on who got the sentence the closest (i.e.) matched the words exactly as I envisioned.

Anyway, I have results, as somebody aced my test, COMPLETELY. So here's the answers, and then who got them correct.

Clue 1: This American Football team used to be good, until their quarterback decided to go flash some girl via phone.
Answer: The Vikings, quarterback who did it, Brett Farve. To a certain somebody: No, I do not want you to send me the picture of his dick...

Clue 2: This former mortal enemy of mine once asked me to shrink down an image of this for him.
Answer: Talz, Boba asked me to shrink an image of it down for him, it was via PM, so I made a thread on these forums basically giving you all the answer.

Clue 3: This planet was the first one released on a website we should all know well...
Answer: Tython, released in a Dev Dispatch. I hoped you would all realize I meant The Old Republic website.

Clue 4: The final Nazi offensive in WWII was widely known as this.
Answer: The Battle of the Bulge. One of my favorite battles of all time, there were some good guesses on this, but it was the Battle of the Bulge, winter of 1944 the Nazi's attempted to attack the center of the Allies line, hoping to break it and splinter the ally forces. It didn't work, but it caused a bulge in the allies line, thus naming is the Battle of the Bulge. Actually called the Ardennes Offensive, I said Widely Known As :). This one was pretty tough, but Google helps.

Clue 5: In the popular Star Wars comic series, a parallel universe to ours, the questionable Jim, actually a genius who turns his brain off online, attempts to solve issues by summoning this.
Answer: Bigger Fish. This might have been the hardest, but in the comic series Darths and Droids, which among Star Wars fans is pretty widely known, Bigger Fish is a good joke.

Final Sentence:

The Vikings fought Talz on Talz even as The Battle of the Bulge occured. Ack! A giant bigger fish will kill us all!

Challenge winner: TheMortonator. Congragulations.

Now then, I need votes.



actually at the time he was on the jets. not the vikings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.   Today at 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The return of OT Survivor. Yeah, It's back.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Survivor: Redemption Island Signature Contest!
» Survivor: Redemption Island
» Return of the Triad Released
» Survivor Pandemonium: Kuril Islands
» Survivor Retrospective

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: