OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Why are guys total dicks?

Go down 
+22
Tureil
Ulyaoth
darthsederous
Laughter
Aximand
MrEvilDude
Daroska
TheErebus
The Mortonator
Barbelith
Grimeth
unvincible
Astraeos
Causa
Burkman
RalphTheWonderLlama
Scott
PJsnaks
God
Ban-Anad
CollaWars
Vaseline
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 pm

:smug:
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:40 pm

:drunken:
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:35 am

PJsnaks wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
He could be though right? Because that would be cool.

I don't know about him, but I have the Cowboy hat and rode a horse once. Ya, I'm a New York woman at a cowgirl bar.

Fixed to fit my mental image of you.

Guys... Come on! Stop playing with poor-ol' Mort...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:18 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
TheMortonator. wrote:

I don't know about him, but I have the Cowboy hat and rode a horse once. Ya, I'm a New York woman at a cowgirl bar.

Fixed to fit my mental image of you.
Hmmm, I guess this means I need a New York accent with my posts. Anyone got any tips on how to do one?

Understand the pronounciation of certain words. In a New York accent, the "r" at the end of a word is almost never pronounced. The "g" at the end of a word isn't pronounced either. So "going" is pronounced "goin'" and "here" sounds like "hea". The "th" sound sounds something between "d" and "th", but if you're unsure, speak with the "d" sound.

Know that many of the words that have the "o" sound (like in coffee, dog, talk) are pronounced with an "aw" sound, so the word dog, for example, would sound like "dawg", as well as "coffee." The "aw" sound tends to replace the "o" in all words spoken with a thick New York accent.

Know that the traditional New York accent is like a strong and rough, often with a deep sounding voice. Words are spoken kind of in a relaxed way. Since New York was at one point very Italian, Staten Island and Brooklyn in particular, people of Italian descent that live in the areas tend to have a little bit of Italian accent mixed in. Familiarity with an Italian accent may make the process easier for you.

Have an attitude. Speaking like a New Yorker is less about what you say, and more about how you say it. New Yorkers are known for being direct, opinionated and confident. They are also known for talking a lot, and talking loudly.

Look to American television and popular movies to listen to this accent. The Sopranos series, and any gangster movies, such as The Godfather, are filled with the NY lingo.

Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Also, say "Forget about it" a lot, even if it's an inappropriate time to say it.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
even if it's an inappropriate time to say it.
Fawgetboutet. It's fine anetime.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 pm

TheMortonator. wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
even if it's an inappropriate time to say it.
Fawgetboutet. It's fine anetime.
Oh this guy is good.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:08 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Also, say "Forget about it" a lot, even if it's an inappropriate time to say it.

The trick is to say everything without using Rs.

Fuhgetaboutit
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 pm

BuddyBurkman wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Fuhgetaboutit

Thatsa dity serotype.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
BuddyBurkman wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:

Fuhgetaboutit

Thatsa dity serotype.

You mean 'doity'
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I grew up in Brooklyn. I can vouch for the authenticity of all of this.
Back to top Go down
The Mortonator
Golden Kanohi
Golden Kanohi
The Mortonator

Location : Space, the final frontier right before what's beyond that.

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:30 pm

BuddyBurkman wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
BuddyBurkman wrote:

Fuhgetaboutit

Thatsa dity serotype.

You mean 'doity'
You are the master.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 pm

BuddyBurkman wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
BuddyBurkman wrote:

Fuhgetaboutit

Thatsa dity serotype.

You mean 'doity'
Ahaha perfect.
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Queen of the OT Wasteland
Vaseline

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am

When I try and do a New York accent, using all of your advice, I sound like I'm a redneck.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Vaseline wrote:
When I try and do a New York accent, using all of your advice, I sound like I'm a redneck.

British new york accent fail.

facepalm
Back to top Go down
Barbelith
Skilled Troller
Barbelith

Location : In a dark, dark town there was a dark, dark street and in the dark, dark street there was a dark, dark house, and in the dark, dark house there were some dark, dark stairs and down the dark, dark stairs there was a dark, dark cellar and in the dark dark cellar….

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

facepalm

Unfortunately I suffer from the same affliction.
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Grimeth wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

facepalm

Pfffffffft!

Also, if you try to say all of this stuff ("Fawgetboutet. It's fine anetime.") in an English accent you sound like a Londoner - well I do.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Vaseline wrote:
Grimeth wrote:
Vaseline wrote:

facepalm

Pfffffffft!

Also, if you try to say all of this stuff ("Fawgetboutet. It's fine anetime.") in an English accent you sound like a Londoner - well I do.
So you sound awesome?
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
Grimeth wrote:

facepalm

Pfffffffft!

So you sound awesome?

More awful than awesome.
Back to top Go down
PJsnaks
OT Crime Lord
PJsnaks

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Londoners are BAMF
Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies
Daroska

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm

PJsnaks wrote:
Londoners are BAMF

Londoners may or may not be BAMF, but they still have an awful accent.
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Daroska wrote:
PJsnaks wrote:
Londoners are BAMF

Aussie accent is betta
Back to top Go down
Aximand
Skilled Troller
Aximand

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Vaseline wrote:
BananaDealer wrote:
Why are we total dicks?
Ooooh... I don't know... Maybe it's because we have one in-between our pockets?

No, seriously... Some guys are pretty sweet to their girls (I like to think that I'm one of them). Many of the couples I know are actually pretty cool and the guys in each are awesome to their girls, they treat them really, really good...

Sure, there are a lot of human-sized male genitalia roaming the streets, but that doesn't mean all men are pricks (though they can be at times, me inclusive)...

Yeah, the title of this thread is a slight exaggaration.

I've been dating this guy for a few months and he is honestly so caring but it actually turns out that he's a total prick when he's with his friends and it's so unexpected and now I HATE ALL MEN!

Well, not all but most...

Some...

A few.
Never date a guy unless you're on a "he won't actually lie to me" level of friendship with one of his friends. I'm proud to say I've cockblocked a few of my more douche baggy friends that way.
Back to top Go down
Daroska
God of Cookies
God of Cookies
Daroska

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:
Daroska wrote:

Aussie accent is betta

Swedish milkmaid accent is betta.
Back to top Go down
Vaseline
Vaseline

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 am

Aximand wrote:
Vaseline wrote:
BananaDealer wrote:
Why are we total dicks?
Ooooh... I don't know... Maybe it's because we have one in-between our pockets?

No, seriously... Some guys are pretty sweet to their girls (I like to think that I'm one of them). Many of the couples I know are actually pretty cool and the guys in each are awesome to their girls, they treat them really, really good...

Sure, there are a lot of human-sized male genitalia roaming the streets, but that doesn't mean all men are pricks (though they can be at times, me inclusive)...

Yeah, the title of this thread is a slight exaggaration.

I've been dating this guy for a few months and he is honestly so caring but it actually turns out that he's a total prick when he's with his friends and it's so unexpected and now I HATE ALL MEN!

Well, not all but most...

Some...

A few.
Never date a guy unless you're on a "he won't actually lie to me" level of friendship with one of his friends. I'm proud to say I've cockblocked a few of my more douche baggy friends that way.

I'm over it; I'll just stick to sex with no strings attached.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are guys total dicks?   Why are guys total dicks? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are guys total dicks?
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next