Unit: Delta (Former Trainer)
Name: Ban-Anad D'ealari
Known Aliases: Ban, Cowboy (jokingly), Cap, Captain, Lad (by Berdrex)
Military Rank: Squad Captain (With Honors)
Civilian Service Rank: Captain, commercial and private vessels license.
- Approximate age- between 50 and 75 standard Earth Years. Has the physical appearance of around 40.
- About 6'2''-6'3''
- 98-101 kg
- Between short and medium-long dark chestnut hair, straight but with volume.
- Water-blue eyes with yellow-orange retinas
- Light to medium stubble
- Worn, but light facial features.
Abilities & Skills:
- Martial arts Expert. Prefers a defensive posture, letting opponents strike first and louring them into slipping. Adept in hand-to-hand close-quarter engagements.
- Expert gunman. Favors handguns and pistols. Adept with most other weapons.
- Skilled 'wind-weaver'. Trained in an ancient swordfighting technique. Prefers medium-length, one-handed blades. Favors a flourish-heavy approach and shows incredible speed and agility.
- Former military record; Deserted.
- Former criminal record: blockade runner; gun runner (no outstanding connections with known terrorist cells); smuggler (minimum involvement with stolen or otherwise prohibited goods); privateer.
- Connections (and limited involvement) with black market.
- Trained with special interrogation techniques including torture methods.
- Guerrilla warfare and tactics specialist.
- Spec-Ops training.
- Weaponsmith. Makes most of his arsenal.
- Skilled pilot. On several accounts reported as one of the best to have ever lived.
Weapons & Peripherals:
- Non-lethal stun grenades- small, oval. Handmade. Cylindrical dispenser attached to right holster.
- Plasma grenades- small, spherical. Dispenser attached to left side of belt.
- Dual Pistols (image only). Handcrafted with intricate design and workings. Capable of utilizing a variety of rounds, most handmade, including but not limited to:
~ military-grade incendiary plasma-core rounds (illegal on most planets).
~ standard-issue 9mm tungsten/beryllium-alloy rounds.
~ EXACTO-type trajectory self-correcting 9mm rounds.
~ explosive tiped 9mm tungsten/beryllium-alloy rounds.
~ 9mm tracer rounds filled with an unknown Fluorescent substance capable of near-unlimited self-reproduction when exposed to either oxygen or nitrogen; colored green or orange.
~ tracking beacon rounds with 8 days-worth of battery life.
~ rounds with unidentified corrosive substance, capable of eating through most reinforced materials; round made of two separate containers, substance activated on impact.
- 'Kakyoku' (Melody).
- PDA/Field-Com on right hand (as part of glove). Directly connected with his personal AI- Oponn.
- Combat goggles equipped with thermal, infra-red, UV and Backscatter, giving the ability to see through most any material.
- A variety of other gadgets and devices, depending on needs.
(Gonna look for something more colorful)
Ban-Anad does not wear much in the way of armor, his sole physical protection being a simple Kevlar polymer vest reinforced with armored plates over a white shirt. He does however tend to sport a long, brown trench coat with a special weave of a duralloy made of Tantalum, Niobium and several other highly-resistant substances, making it resistant to a direct shot of nearly anything short of an RPG. Be careful of his favorite hat, there's not just one rabbit hidden in there..
- Prefers to avoid a fight unless necessary. Would much rather talk himself out of trouble than draw a weapon, or attention.
- At times dark and moody due to past troubles; at other times light and cheerful.
- Good, albeit sometimes misplaced, sense of humor.
- A driving sense of justice and honor.
- A natural, albeit reluctant, leader. Takes the post of command with ease and experience, though only when drawn by necessity.
- May behave inappropriately at times. This behavior is most always a facade behind which stands determination and tact.
- Current criminal records and status as a deserter have left him banned and wanted on many spaceports. Contacting him personally can prove hard, even with Oponn's help.
- Many enemies in the underground, especially former members of 'Trinity'.
- Attachment to former Delta Unit members can leave him emotionally exposed. Though he hides it well.
- Has an unbroken record of visits to the 'Mars Colony Memorial Hospital' where his mother currently works and Karaxt Brinn and Oeber Skintt are being kept.
Born in 2238 on the 'New Chicago' Station, Jupiter Sector. Third son of Martha and James D'ealari. His father was a policing enforcer on the station, his mother- a medical officer. Raised in Jupiter Sector, he learned of the hardships of life the hard way- his father was killed when he was ten, during a hostage situation led by the sector terrorist organization 'Trinity'. He swore on his fathers' capsule that he would follow in his footsteps and try to bring justice to all who seek to avert it. At the age of 25, that inadvertently took him to the UNMC (United Nations Marine Corps) recruiting office. Already specializing in small-arms and side-arms and having basic military training (having served as a police enforcer himself), he was quickly accepted and put in command of a special forces squad in the 92-nd Marine Division, stationed on Mars Colony. There he and his squad were crucial in quelling the 2266 Mars Rebellion, earning him a 'Medal of Honor'- still one of the highest awards due a soldier. After some time spent tracking down insurgency movements in the far colonies, he was transferred to the newly formed Project Olympus where he led the training of one of the first four squads of the program.
During their first deployment on the outskirts of Rio, it was decided for the initial program's methods to be revisited and started from scratch. The cause of this was the inexplicable drop of the other three units, which had all exhibited prior mental instabilities (all recorded as 'within expected parameters') and their going rogue. All connection with the initial units was immediately cut off, their AIs getting purged. While not one of the three 'bad' units, Delta too experienced the full force of that action, causing the death of one member- Zindo Friz, the drop into borderline dementia of one Karaxt Brinn, making her her a permanent patient in a military mental institution; and the vegetative state of one Oeber Skintt.
This turn of events led to Ban-Anad's own fall off and desertion from Olympus and the Military as a whole. An event remembered by the maneuver he pulled, now colloquially called "A D'ealari" (Also the name of a very explosive cocktail).
Burkman, tell me where should I be going with this...