OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Project Olympus Discussion

Go down 
+6
Yeet
Meatlocker
Ban-Anad
Branch
Scott
Burkman
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am

Branch wrote:
Did you slightly use my villian idea? OMG!

I've decided not to create a sheet for now. I want him to be mysterious for now.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:
Did you slightly use my villian idea? OMG!

And is Ban in or out of Sigma?

I'm out... I'm gonna be an independent character that helps out Burkmans' guy...

Hello Clarice

You and Meat can have Sigma...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Ok so now that we're getting bios done...

1. I named the empire (or whatever you want to call it) military Project Olympus is part of the United Systems Alliance. Which is Earth and a bunch of her colonies. We didn't have a name and it felt appropriate. Feel free to correct me Burkman.

2. I made up what is known as the Nexus Wars that occurred several decades ago that lasted for nearly half a century (between who I dun know... maybe a bunch of rebellious colonies and the USA?). Kind of a background from where some of these organisations and lore could come from. I like the idea of left over mysteries of the last great war. Which is why I feel Ares' grandfather (deceased) could play a roll in some of the story and lore.

3. The Telkos and Feldon Prime incident... I think it should be a large historical event. The largest travesty to hit the known galaxy since contact wars with other species? Or something along those lines.

Edit: Should we move these to the RP section? It's... kinda what it's for?
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm

I suppose you can move it to the RP section... Same with the Sigma thread. This should just be a fan-fiction with co-writers.

Also, you can include other OTers as minor characters, if it's desired.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I took the liberty of giving Nyx her real name. Charlotte Corday.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:42 pm

So aliens? No more countries? Year?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
I took the liberty of giving Nyx her real name. Charlotte Corday.

Kewel... I added themes... prob work some more on Nyx next.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Branch wrote:
So aliens? No more countries? Year?

Check other thread... most of that kind of discussion will go on in there...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Can we name this thread Project Olympus and put Sigma stuff in here too?
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Branch wrote:

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Mr. Burk wrote:
Branch wrote:

Yes.

Kai
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Gonna write up Apollo's bio
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Those armors look kewl...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
Ok so now that we're getting bios done...

1. I named the empire (or whatever you want to call it) military Project Olympus is part of the United Systems Alliance. Which is Earth and a bunch of her colonies. We didn't have a name and it felt appropriate. Feel free to correct me Burkman.

2. I made up what is known as the Nexus Wars that occurred several decades ago that lasted for nearly half a century (between who I dun know... maybe a bunch of rebellious colonies and the USA?). Kind of a background from where some of these organisations and lore could come from. I like the idea of left over mysteries of the last great war. Which is why I feel Ares' grandfather (deceased) could play a roll in some of the story and lore.

3. The Telkos and Feldon Prime incident... I think it should be a large historical event. The largest travesty to hit the known galaxy since contact wars with other species? Or something along those lines.

Edit: Should we move these to the RP section? It's... kinda what it's for?

Lol USA... I was thinking more around the lines of UNE (United Nations of Earth) or UNS (UN of Sol) or TSA (Terran Systems Alliance)... Or maybe the UNE can be the government of Earth...

Ok, so I'm gonna go ahead and put in a bit I've worked on with Burkman, do tell if it's too different from what you're envisioning...

Going with Burkman's suggestion of the current year being 2310 and the Olympus Project being first initiated in 2270, this is something of a timeline I've come up with... I'm going to start with Ban's birth as he does seem to be the oldest fart...

--------
Timeline
--------

2232- The human world is stirred towards a major conflict as colonies try to secure larger independence and more rights for colonials. A signing of a treaty is planned but never happens due to political tensions on Earth itself, colonies in conflict with each other and terrorist cells.

2233- After much tension, a date for the treaty is established. Many colonies' representatives are assassinated on their way to a star cruiser in a 'classified location', which itself gets bombed by a then-nameless terrorist organisation.

2235- Unable to withstand it any longer, the world spirals into a full-blown conflict as colonies loyal to Earth, mostly central and major ones, clash with those that seek independence- outback settlements and outposts. This incident is named the 'Nexus' Conflict, bearing the name of the bombed star cruiser..

2238- Ban-Anad D'ealari born on New Chicago station.

2244- Colonies seeking Independence from the Terran Systems Alliance form their own coalition- The Free Worlds Coalition. The Coallition quickly grows in members as more and more backwater worlds join in, having suffered enough disregard from the TSA.

2245- "The Centimani" reveal themselves and claim responsibility for the bombing of the Nexus.

2248- During a hostage situation on New Chicago station, Ban-Anad's father gets killed by the Trinity terrorist cell.

2263- Ban-Anad puts forward his first application to join the UNMC (United Nations Marine Corps, Scotts' 'Space Marines'). Accepted second time round. Stationed on Mars Colony as part of the 92-nd Marine Division.

2265- A series of riots, skirmishes and uprisings on Mars Colony and its' moons (mining outposts) leads to the eventual Mars Rebellion, led by a terrorist cell known as "The Centimani". (Picture something like Red Faction)

2266- The Mars Liberation Initiative, headed my "The Centimani" organisation, is formed with valiant support from colonists. A heavy colonial resistance is formed, steadily fighting against military forces on the planet. This is not enough however, as the Mars colonists have no military strength in space.

2267- Supposedly as a last resort to liberation, The Centimani decides to employ a never-before tested matter-relocation bomb that was to supposedly relocate any UN forces on the planet into space. The device backfires however, increasing its' radius to envelop most of Mars Colony, before imploding.
No debris in space have yet been found to indicate where the chunk of the colony was sent. The incident was recorded on mass media, causing a huge public uproar on other colonies, even ones fighting against the USA in the Nexus conflict.
The Mars Rebellion is officially ended with the UN officially being victorious, as support for the Centimani falls drastically. However, Mars is granted semi-autonomy and a massive relief effort is started. All research in the field of matter-relocation is immediately banned and any existing materials and documents are completely destroyed.
The Mars Colony Memorial Hospital is established, funded by the UN and equipped with the state-of-the-art technology, it is the biggest military hospital created and open for the public.

2270- The initial Project Olympus is put into action. The mining colony on Saturn's moon Titan is privatized by the Project as their main HQ.

2271- Ban-Anad is transferred from his previous assignment to a training position for one of the units, named Delta. Four initial units are formed- Digama, Sampi, Koppa and Delta. Training and augmentation go according to plan, with minimum 'waste' (initiates that could not cope with either implants or training).

2274- Tasu Venkamas is born on Chevron V, an Indonesian colony on the edge of TSA space.

2275- The Rio Incident: With all four Units showing substantial progress, the Pantheon (the people in charge) gives the green light for a first deployment. The four units are sent to Rio, a district on Earth, to prevent a terrorist cell connected to The Centimani from gaining control over the local government.
A simple mission, but one that goes out of control in all possible ways. Having previously exhibited mental instabilities (yet always crossed off as 'within expected parameters'), three of the four units show little concern for civilian lives, possibly even recognizing them as enemies, vagrant behavior and other signs of clear mental unfitness to perform in the field.
With the event already making the mass media outlets and fast spiraling out of control, an immediate decision is made within the Pantheon to scrap the initial Units, scrub the program and revisit the methods of training. The three units that had gone mental drop off the grid, going completely dark. Their AIs are purged.
Being caught in the blast of the incident, dubbed nothing more than 'acceptable collateral', Delta Unit- the only unit to never during training show any signs of mental degradation, is cut off and scrubbed as well.
In a dire bid to save its' being, the units' AI- Prometheus, attempts to download itself directly onto the brains of the members of the squad, using their implants as transfer devices. The process drives one member Zando Friz instantly mad, causing him to try and literally 'cut out his brain'. Another member- Oeber Skintt slowly drops into a vegetative state, his nervous system shutting down over the next year.
Fortunately, the download is stopped by the destruction of the ship the AI was on and the purge of Prometheus' database on Titan but that still leaves the third member, Karaxt Brinn, suffering from borderline dementia and periodic psychotic breakdowns.
Both Oeber and Karaxt are admitted in the mental wing of the Mars Colony Memorial Hospital.
Distraught by the event, Ban-Anad leaves the Olympus Project and the military altogether.

2278- Rafael Burk is born on Earth.

2282- The Telkos Incident: Nearing nearly 50 years of war between the TSA and Coalition a new project is undertaken to end the war, codenamed Black Star. James Morak and his team of military scientists and engineers of the TSA activate the slipspace gate on Feldon Prime. The gate is engineered to reverse trajectory it's transportation of energy. Inadvertently the mass converter transports a mass of energy to the Telkos system (Coalition), obliterating over 14 Billion lives. Because the gates were not designed for such massive amounts of energy the gate on Feldon Prim suffers a massive meltdown. A majority of the environment is destroyed on Feldon Prim and Morak and his team are KIA. It is unknown if firing of the gate was intentional or not, or if the effects were known. It is the largest travesty since the Rio incident. Shortly after Coalition begins to disperse.

2284- The last, dissolving remnants of the Coalition try to fight a lost war against increasing TSA forces. As the last fraction of the FWC fights a scattered, desperate and losing battle on the colony world of Jewel, the leading powers of the Coalition finally decide to surrender, calling for a cease-fire pending peace negotiations. The TSA answers their plea. A time for negotiations is set, the place- an open field between the trenches of the TSA and the FWC. At the last moment however, a TSA cruiser in orbit of the planet launches a nuclear strike at the location, obliterating both TSA and TWC forces. Having no-one to turn to for leadership and no military force left, the TWC capitulates, giving in to any terms the TSA enforces. Although seemingly the only party benefiting from the nuclear strike, the TSA denies involvement, stating that the ship that launched the attack was acting on its'own and not as part of the larger TSA military. So far, any evidence of the otherwise is absent.

2285- Martial Law is enforced on most colonies with former Coalition involvement.

2295- Rafael becomes part of the Sleight of Hand's crew. Ban-Anad becomes a dominant figure in his life and a surrogate parent of sorts.

2302- At the age of 24, Rafael is approached by the Olympus Project. He is eager to answer and reluctant to listen to Ban's fears of the program turning into another military fiasco. The two drop out, leading to Rafael leaving the Sleight of Hand crew.
At the same time, Tasu Venkamas is also recruited from his field agent position in the TSA military.

2310- Current date.

-----
I've edited the timeline... I'm gonna let Scott do his bit in it...

Last edited by Ban-Anad on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm

This is a cool idea.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:31 pm

I'll go thru in a bit...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Papa Scott wrote:
I'll go thru in a bit...

mkeiz... Hope you like... You're welcome to add anything...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Watch out for that wind weaving, deadly stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

CollaWars wrote:
Watch out for that wind weaving, deadly stuff.

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 2238782717
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Meat's greatest accountant ever. Also, don't delete this... Comic relief. He's an unofficial member of Gamma unit.

Program: Project Olympus
Squad: Accounting
Name: John “Houston Toad’ Smith
Squad Name: Gamma

Appearance:
Height: 5’ 3’’
Weight: 150 pounds
He has short red hair matted hair that is usually cow licked to the left. His pasty white skin is offset by his bright freckles and his dandruff. His muted green eyes are hidden behind large horned rimmed glasses. His neck beard and cat lick mustache do not aid in his attempts to look fearsome. His plaid t-shirt and khakis also detract from the authority he feels he needs to project in his new military job.

Abilities/Skills:
-He can calculate Pi to the 10,000th digit and recite it backwards.
-He has an advanced degree in environmental science but abandoned his work when he realized the Houston Toads, Horny Toads, and Red Wolves were already dead.
-He makes sure everyone gets paid on time and that all the squads have enough resources to work with. Also he pays the electric, heating, and cooling bills.
-He has patience like when the girl from Human Resources walks by and does not notice that he brushed his teeth or shaved this morning, and that he did it all for her.
-After work he drinks a six pack of Foster’s and still manages to drive safely home.

Weapons:
-A navy blue ball point pen.
-The navy blue ball point pens evil twin brother the bright red thin pen of pink slips.
- A large TI-80x calculator.
-The latest laptop to work on all those pesky excels sheets from home.
Personality:
While shy at time he can be firm enough to get those checks to the boys on time and isn’t afraid to share his knowledge of obscure and useless historical facts.

Bio:
Born into an upper middle class family he spent most of life fighting the man and reading up on Marxism. In high school he dyed his hair yellow and green in an open and complex symbol of defiance that no one got. He then started to quote Richard Linklatter in an attempt to show a connection to the hipster lifestyle of the ATX, sadly he was from Midland.

He went to study college to help fight against the man of the oil industry but after achieving his degree he finally looked out the window and realized there was no money in tying himself to a tree. So rather than lead people on month long hikes through the Pyrenees, he decided that being a former mathlete he should use his math to help people get paid on time.

Realizing without a degree he was better off using his math to help those who really needed, the military! After find a way to help raise soldier’s pay without cutting their benefits he was transferred to Project Olympus to figure out how to pay from the new military program. After all an army runs on it’s stomach.

Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 am

Yay, you put it back.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 am

I added another theme. When all you folks get on, I'll pitch an idea on some future stories for this thing.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 am

I'll be busy off and on today... plus... I JUST GOT TOR! Alucard Scott

I'll stop on sometime... >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Olympus Discussion
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next