OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Never-Ending Thread

Go down 
+11
Branch
Causa
GSG
Jet
Matured Yoshikage Kira
Ulyaoth
CollaWars
Callin
Scott
Ban-Anad
Burkman
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Callin
I have a title
Callin

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 pm

can we put the rulers away. Not every one has to be the same and just because America calls something different than basically the whole world does not make either side right. Keep it light hearted and understand that *insert Country/Sport here* Rules.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:41 pm

Callin wrote:
can we put the rulers away. Not every one has to be the same and just because America calls something different than basically the whole world does not make either side right. Keep it light hearted and understand that *insert Country/Sport here* Rules.

Somebody's getting tired of arguing with reason...
 OMG! 

Back to top Go down
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Callin wrote:

Somebody's getting tired of arguing with reason...
 OMG! 

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Your-argument-is-invalid-because-aliens
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:58 pm

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Re2eznQ

/twist
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe ANY professional rugby player could tackle someone like Trent Richardson. Or any runningback in the NFL for that matter. You're talking about a guy that runs a 4.4 forty, benches upwards to 500 pounds, and squats well over 700 pounds easy. Compared to Andrew Sheridan (Supposedly strongest player in rugby) who benches about 400 pounds and squats about 600. There's high-school football players doing that nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 pm

The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 JJ-Watt-bloody-nose_132535

Besides the insane Mr. Watt, the NFL and college football are trying to make rules to reduce concussions. That's still with the helmets. Also, we use things called a crotch pad. So our athletes should be able to reproduce at some point.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm

WILBAMA wrote:
I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe ANY professional rugby player could tackle someone like Trent Richardson. Or any runningback in the NFL for that matter. You're talking about a guy that runs a 4.4 forty, benches upwards to 500 pounds, and squats well over 700 pounds easy. Compared to Andrew Sheridan (Supposedly strongest player in rugby) who benches about 400 pounds and squats about 600. There's high-school football players doing that nowadays.

Trent Richardson is fast but he would be a bad example. Earl Campbell, Mark Ingram or AP would be hard to take down for a rugby player.
Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Bwanch wrote:
WILBAMA wrote:

Trent Richardson is fast but he would be a bad example. Earl Campbell, Mark Ingram or AP would be hard to take down for a rugby player.

I STAND BY TRENT RICHARDSON HE JUST HAD A DOWN YEAR JUST YOU WAIT
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Bwanch wrote:
The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 JJ-Watt-bloody-nose_132535

Besides the insane Mr. Watt, the NFL and college football are trying to make rules to reduce concussions. That's still with the helmets. Also, we use things called a crotch pad. So our athletes should be able to reproduce at some point.

Right... Because we want that...
 Oh man 

And yeah... No... Rugby is still widely regarded as the bloodiest sport... Up until like... 20-30(?) years ago (maybe even less?) there were actual casualties and it was considered "a hazard of the sport". Players actually still have to sigh wavers nullifying any liability of other players/teams/leagues should they get seriously (even mortally) injured during a game...
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:30 pm

Dude fans die. Its a hazard of the sport haha
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Callin wrote:
Dude fans die. Its a hazard of the sport haha

No, it's a hazard of getting drunk while also having a below-average GPA...
Or just being an average 'Merican football fan...
 OMG! 

Racial/National slurs aside, we're talking casualties inside the actual game...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 am

Know what other sport has casualties during their events? NASCAR and basically any racing.

I win this argument. Good bye.

Spoiler:

And Wilbz.... I'll wait... but Ingram is the best RB to come out of Bama.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:13 am

Dude, any sport can have its injuries. There were several crazy bad injuries in pretty much everything except the NBA (Filled with prima donas who fake their shit).
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 am

Burkman wrote:
Dude, any sport can have its injuries.  There were several crazy bad injuries in pretty much everything except the NBA (Filled with prima donas who fake their shit).

You're correct, but I'm talking about casualties being considered something normal, even every-day (that's what "a hazard of the sport" means in legal terms). Picture rugby 30-ish years ago when somebody got seriously injured (like a broken pelvic bone, or other career-ending injury) or even died pretty much every other game...

Anyways... This argument is over cause I'm tired of it. Just bloody call football football and American football 'Merican football...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 am

WILBAMA wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh yeah... I've met Rugby players... I've met Football players (Tebow, AP, Sydney Rice, Jared Allen, etc.)... well seen in person... most Rugby players would eat them alive and shit them out as bacon. Most those dudes have to squat WELL more than 600 to do what they do.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:07 am

Does it really matter?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Does the shade of shit matter?
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:26 pm

You got liquid shits, you got solid shits. You got green shits, you got brown shits. And if you're unlucky, you got red shits.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Burkman wrote:
You got liquid shits, you got solid shits.  You got green shits, you got brown shits.  And if you're unlucky, you got red shits.

Burkman is a Shitologist... he knows his shit.
Back to top Go down
Callin
I have a title
Callin

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Yeet
WolfPack
WolfPack
Yeet

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Bwanch wrote:

Wait, in the pros? Eddie Lacy had by far the best year out of any Bama RB this year. Ingram suuuuuuuckz in the pros
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:40 pm

WILBAMA wrote:
Bwanch wrote:

Wait, in the pros? Eddie Lacy had by far the best year out of any Bama RB this year. Ingram suuuuuuuckz in the pros

I forgot about Lacy. But the best RB I've seen in college is Ingram. That's only 16 years lol but still.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Why does steam gotta be down all day...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

Last couple days it's gone completely down for like an hour or two (unscheduled)...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 am

Scott wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

Last couple days it's gone completely down for like an hour or two (unscheduled)...

Last couple of days meaning a week...
And it's been going on and off at random for random intervals, not just "an hour or two"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Never-Ending Thread   The  Never-Ending Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Never-Ending Thread
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next