OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Project Olympus Discussion

Go down 
+6
Yeet
Meatlocker
Ban-Anad
Branch
Scott
Burkman
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

So what's happening?
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:03 pm

We're still putting together more backstory and lore. Scott is currently writing up a bio for two more characters, then we're going to create some villains that are not the main villains. Ban had an idea and he was about to post something until the forum fucked up and lost it.

He's gonna try to write up again, today. Not completely done yet, but we're making a lot of progress. Me and Scott talked about your character, too. If you're up to it, eventually you'll write a chapter yourself with your character. We decided that your character was comic relief and should have a chapter based on a day in the life of that character.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Burkman wrote:
We're still putting together more backstory and lore. Scott is currently writing up a bio for two more characters, then we're going to create some villains that are not the main villains. Ban had an idea and he was about to post something until the forum fucked up and lost it.

He's gonna try to write up again, today. Not completely done yet, but we're making a lot of progress. Me and Scott talked about your character, too. If you're up to it, eventually you'll write a chapter yourself with your character. We decided that your character was comic relief and should have a chapter based on a day in the life of that character.

Wow thanks. Sure not sure what the day will be like though.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Looks good ban... time and dist for the initial travel sound realistic. Really all of it sounds pretty feasible. I'm thinking the gates will use another form of FTL... I want to incorporate folding space/wormholes (traditional Sci Fi concepts). I figured these because it's hard to support them in physics... so humans would have less of an understanding of how one would consistently construct a wormhole to the same destination. All I've got thus far is that they would use a massive gravity drive of sorts then they convert mass to energy and then energy to mass on reentry. Damn... that's starting to sound like Stargate... -__-
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 am

Papa Scott wrote:
Looks good ban... time and dist for the initial travel sound realistic. Really all of it sounds pretty feasible. I'm thinking the gates will use another form of FTL... I want to incorporate folding space/wormholes (traditional Sci Fi concepts). I figured these because it's hard to support them in physics... so humans would have less of an understanding of how one would consistently construct a wormhole to the same destination. All I've got thus far is that they would use a massive gravity drive of sorts then they convert mass to energy and then energy to mass on reentry. Damn... that's starting to sound like Stargate... -__-

Thanks... And it is realistic because I actually did the maths (travelling to Proxima Centauri at warp 5 does indeed take 10 months)...
Also, the gateway system utilizes slipstream technology... But more on that some other time...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Note: These are not final. Just wipped them up.

Sol System
UNE Control

Earth- UNE Government Capital Planet

• Luna- Lunar Military Research & Development Base
  • UNE Orbital Shipyard and Shipwrights' Station

Mars- UNE Controlled

• Mars Proper- Colony Metropolis formed around the Olympus Mons crater. Small farming colonies mainly on the Daedalia Planum, Solis Planum and Hellas Planitia.
  • Phobos- "Phobos Moon Long Range Space Monitoring Station and Observatory"
  • Deimos- Main UNE Military Base

Jupiter

• New Chicago Station- Metropolis formed between the remnants of Io; Originally a mining and fuel depot.
  • Europa- UNE Military Barracks and Residential Colony
  • Callisto- Ice-Mining Outpost
  • Ganymede- Minor Colony and Water-Extraction Outpost

Saturn

• Titan- Olympus Program HQ and Training Barracks; Originally a mining and geologist research outpost.
  • Mimas- Saturn Monitoring Outpost
  • Rhea- Mining Outpost
  • Tethys- Monitoring Outpost
  • Enceladus- Monitoring Outpost
  • Cassini Division- UNE Military Base
  • Cassini Division/ A Ring- UNE Military Fueling Depot

Uranus

• Miranda- Monitoring Outpost
  • Umbriel- UNE Military Base
  • Oberon- Geologist and Monitoring Outpost

Neptune

• Triton- Orbital Monitoring Station

Dwarf planets

• Eris- Orbital Fuel Depot
  • Pluto- Orbital Fuel Depot

Other Systems in the Local Bubble
TSA Control

Proxima Centauri System

• Proxima Centauri b
  • Proxima Centauri c
  • Vespucci Proper- A drier-than-Earth, terrestrial habitable planet colonized by the Hawking 3 Deep Space Exploratory Vessel. TSA Capital Planet. Bustling metropolis and the symbol of the TSA. Major space hub.
  • Vespucci Moon- TSA Main Military Base

Barnard's Star System

• Bernard Station- Major Stellar Monitoring Station and Fueling Depot
  • TSA Military Starbase
  • Barnard's Star b (4 moons)
  • Barnard's Star c (1 moon)

Wolf 359 System

• Wolf 359 b (2 moons)
  • Wolf 359 c (1 moon)
  • Wolf 359 d (2 moons)

Lalande 21185 System

• Lalande 21185 b
  • Lalande 21185 c- Known simply as Lalande, it's a larger-than-Earth planet with liquid water covering its' entire surface and an atmosphere with high amounts of oxygen (about 67%). It is humanity's second and second-biggest extra-solar colony with a city floating on the giant ocean. There is evidence of aquatic life present in the ocean, although still largely unexplored. The planet has no moon but suffers from a high tectonic plate movement and underwater volcanic activity that cause a tidal-like effect.
  • Lalande 21185 d
  • Lalande 21185 e

Ross 154 System

• Ross 154 b
  • Ross 154 c (1 moon)
  • Ross 154 d
  • Ross 154 e
  • Ross 154 f (4 moons)
  • Ross 154 g

Ross 248
  • Ross 248 b

Epsilon Eridani (Double E system)

• "Deep Space" Monitoring Station Colony. The actual first attempt of a 'city in space' type station (unlike New Chicago which is formed between the shards of Io). Sees constant growth and features starship construction facilities, a Military Base and Fuel Depot.
  • EE b
  • EE c (2 moons)
  • EE d (14 moons)
  • EE e (9 moons)

Tau Ceti System

• Tau Ceti b
  • Tau Ceti c- Known as Tau Major. Originated as a Deep Space military and mining outpost; Has become one of the main space hubs in the region and a growing metropolis despite a reluctance to partake in soil enrichment. Has two moons.
  • Tau Ceti d (1 moon)
  • Tau Ceti e (14 moons)
  • Tau Ceti f (3 moons)
  • Tau Ceti g (5 moons)
  • Tau Ceti h (18 moons)

Gliese 674 System

• Gliese 674 b
  • Gliese 674 c (2 moons)
  • Gliese 674 d (25+ moons)
  • Gliese 674 e
  • Gliese 674 f- Relatively recently colonized and seeing rapid growth as the soil enrichment process is beginning to show results. Has a single moon.

Gliese 876 System

• Gliese 876 b
  • Gliese 876 c
  • Gliese 876 d- Older than its' 674 'sibling', the G876 colony has established itself as a growing hub for space exploration and commerce. Although technically not an earth-like planet, it has seen the same soil enrichment as Mars and features limited vegetation. Has 5 moons- 3 visible by day, 2 by night at alternating sequences; with only the nearest visible each night.
  • Gliese 876 e (25+ moons)
  • Gliese 876 f (25+ moons)
  • Gliese 876 g

Groombridge 1618 System

• Groombridge 1618 b (1 moon)
  • Groombridge 1618 c
  • Groombridge 1618 d (1 moon)
  • Groombridge 1618 e (3 moons)
  • Groombridge 1618 f (7 moons)
  • Groombridge 1618 g (2 moons)
  • Groombridge 1618 h (14 moons)
  • Groombridge 1618 i
  • Groombridge 1618 j
  • Groombridge 1618 k (1 moon)
  • Groombridge 1618 l

AD Leonis System

• AD Leonis Dyson Sphere- Humanity's biggest achievement in construction of any kind. Although the Sphere itself is still largely under development, the south pole is complete and fully functional.
  • AD Leonis b (2 moons)
  • AD Leonis c (3 moons)

Gliese 832 System

• Gliese 832 b (4 moons)
  • Gliese 832 c- A colony on the second-closest moon of the G832 C gas giant, it features a growing city and is fast becoming a regular stopping point for space vessels of all kinds passing through the area. Has limited, non-native vegetation but a low-oxygen atmosphere (about 10%) causing the use of special breather masks that concentrate oxygen. It's horizon is constantly dominated my the gas giant due to planetary rotation. Gliese 832 C has 24 other moon-sized satellites.

Loop I Bubble
TSA Territory

Chevron System (M5.0V Main Sequence Star)

• Chevron I
  • Chevron II (1 moon)
  • Chevron III
  • Chevron IV
  • Chevron V (1 moon)

Feldon System (GV5 Main Sequence Star)

• Feldon I
  • Feldon II
  • Feldon Prime (1 moon)
  • Feldon IV (25+ moons)
  • Feldon V (25+ moons)

Telkos System (M4.5V Main Sequence Star)

• Telkos I
  • Telkos II

Jewel System (white dwarf star)

• Jewel (2 moons)

Selene System (M6.2V Main Sequence Star)

• Kaja (9 moons)
  • Arkos (4 moons)
  • Stalia (7 moons)

Antares (red supergiant)

• Scorpio (25+ moons)
  • Andaress (25+ moons)
  • Rannin (21 moons)
  • Odin (25+ moons)
  • Zeus (25+ moons)

----------
From Ban-
I've added some details. We need some more star systems in the Local Bubble (up to a maximum of 15). I'm thinking of having between 5-10 more in the Loop 1 Bubble.

From B-
All 25+ moon planets are gas giants much like Jupiter. Most are currently visible by 2012 tech because of their size. Planets the size of Earth and slightly bigger are not seen by telescopes of our time. If a planet has 25+ moons and is NOT a gas giant then we will mention it.

From Ban again-
MOAR DETAILS! Also made other changes...

Last edited by Branch on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

what the fuck is going on?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:

What does it look like!?!?!??!?!?! OMG!
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Branch wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Conquest Mode
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:
Branch wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Conquest Mode

no I dun get it...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:

Based on your last participation in community projects, you cannot be part in this.
I'm sorry...

Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:

Based on your last participation in community projects, you cannot be part in this.
I'm sorry...

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 2238782717

Sodomite.

*leaves*
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:

I'm sorry...

Sodomite.

*leaves*

Well, you did kinda ruin our fun in the OT Domination...
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

I'm sorry...

Sodomite.

*leaves*

Well, you did kinda ruin our fun in the OT Domination...

Hey, I just wanted my penguins, besides, that was only an hour and a half of me, nothing permanent
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:54 pm

There was no fun! It was only Burkman and his ridiculous alien technologies.

It was all like "I shall spend my nations money to find a cure for AIDS"

Then he was all "No worries, man. My alien scientists have already found one using my time travel technologies. You see, I went to the year 5673 to develop a new element called Mexicanite and went back to the present date in order to give them the needed energy for such a project. And did I mention I was a 2 billion year old immortal being? Don't question anything I say or else my nation will destroy yours and there's nothing you can do about it."

"P.S I'm making pig dogs."
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:01 pm

SoupWithSauce wrote:
There was no fun! It was only Burkman and his ridiculous alien technologies.

It was all like "I shall spend my nations money to find a cure for AIDS"

Then he was all "No worries, man. My alien scientists have already found one using my time travel technologies. You see, I went to the year 5673 to develop a new element called Mexicanite and went back to the present date in order to give them the needed energy for such a project. And did I mention I was a 2 billion year old immortal being? Don't question anything I say or else my nation will destroy yours and there's nothing you can do about it."

"P.S I'm making pig dogs."

IKNORITE!!

and the bastard wouldn't give me mah Pridelands!

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 2458103644
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:03 pm

you

Lets stay on topic, shall we?
yeah
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
you

yeah

Could be worse...

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 Celebrities-emma-watson-089220

Oh...

Now who put that there... Say whaaa?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

MrEvilDude wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
you

yeah

Could be worse...

Oh...

How's Emma Watson worse?
Hello Clarice
Back to top Go down
MrEvilDude
Needs To Go Outside
MrEvilDude

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
MrEvilDude wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
you

yeah

Could be worse...

Oh...

How's Emma Watson worse?
Hello Clarice

I meant distraction wise, but.

I Like this new topic. Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 1948760740
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Or perhaps you should get out of this thread and never come back.
Back to top Go down
Boba
Talz
Boba

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Unknown Burkman wrote:
Back to top Go down
SoupWithSauce
WolfPack
WolfPack
SoupWithSauce

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Boba wrote:
Unknown Burkman wrote:

Doesn't work like that, man.

Dude...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Added a few systems. Gonna start on Loop I Bubble now.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Branch wrote:
Added a few systems. Gonna start on Loop I Bubble now.

I really think you should've told me... Hope I didn't erase anything you put in...

Anyhur- made more details...
Discussion topic- should the TSA have a giant artificial moon base (Death Star!) around Wolf 359?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Olympus Discussion
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next