OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Project Olympus Discussion

Go down 
+6
Yeet
Meatlocker
Ban-Anad
Branch
Scott
Burkman
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 am

Phoenix looks military. I like it. Also, Leviathon and Nyx are kewl too.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am

Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa... when did we talk about Olympus being a ship? A single one at that? Granted... these are some bad ass ship designs... but... wtf? Also... Burk and I discussed this at the start... the mythologic names are saved for AI and operatives...

BTW My order of likes:

1. Nyx
2. Phoenix
3. Leviathan

PS: The Avatar's design looks like it was pawned off of the Kadesh from Homeworld...

Last edited by Scott on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 am

Scott wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa.... whoa... when did we talk about Olympus being a ship? A single one at that? Granted... these are some bad ass ship designs... but... wtf?

BTW My order of likes:

1. Nyx
2. Phoenix
3. Leviathan

PS: The Avatar's design looks like it was pawned off of the Kadesh from Homeworld...

/hi5
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 am

As Scott was telling me, the entire operation shouldn't be located in one spot. It has to be spread apart. Having a single base is just poor thinking. Multiple locations would be located on the ground, more of the training facilities, while the other things are in space and on ships.

Scott was telling me about a command ship and having multiple bases on the ground. I think this is a good idea. Rather than just sticking with one base.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Burkman wrote:
As Scott was telling me, the entire operation shouldn't be located in one spot. It has to be spread apart. Having a single base is just poor thinking. Multiple locations would be located on the ground, more of the training facilities, while the other things are in space and on ships.

Scott was telling me about a command ship and having multiple bases on the ground. I think this is a good idea. Rather than just sticking with one base.

Thus far:

Command Ship (mobile starship) - intel, CO of Olympus (I will be writing his bio later today, I had someone in mind, and Ban you need to talk to Burk), also houses master AI (Zeus I believe is what Burk wanted to call it) of the Olympus program that does all the logistics and planning of missions.

Training facility (on ground) - where operatives are trained and go for psychiatric evaluation and cybernetic maintenance, also where operatives are allowed to live when not on duty. Operatives can live off location, but only if location is approved by command.

R&D Facility (on ground) - Not much to explain here, this is where the research for cybernetics and operative weapons and tools are created.

Safehouses? If you can think of more speak up.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:53 pm

You guys are just hilarious...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:17 pm

It has been established.
The Pantheon will be the board of advisers to the CO of Olympus (that MacBain guy), who will wear a Titan codename. For now this will be Cronus.

Just the heads up. This guy is not the same guy in the Prometheus story arc, which happens (waaaay) before the 'current' stardate.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
It has been established.
The Pantheon will be the board of advisers to the CO of Olympus (that MacBain guy), who will wear a Titan codename. For now this will be Cronus.

Just the heads up. This guy is not the same guy in the Prometheus story arc, which happens (waaaay) before the 'current' stardate.

The current CO was only a Lt. back then... tho he still worked for Project Olympus... you should incorporate him into your story if possible. :D
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Someone bring me up to speed. I feel like Im missing one of our get togethers.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 am

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
It has been established.

The current CO was only a Lt. back then... tho he still worked for Project Olympus... you should incorporate him into your story if possible. :D

I was thinking the new CO (your guy) be one of the Pantheon advisers...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
It has been established.

Wait... I thought the Pantheon advisers were part of a cybernetics program at one point? Could you explain to me exactly who makes up the Pantheon.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 am

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

Wait... I thought the Pantheon advisers were part of a cybernetics program at one point? Could you explain to me exactly who makes up the Pantheon.

The Pantheon is made up of 11 individuals, plus Cronus himself. They are pretty much the guys that run Olympus. They aren't part of the 'program'. Most of them are suits and over-paid pencil pushers. They function as advisers to the CO, Cronus. Think of them as the Board of Directors. They answer only to Cronus himself.
Each individual has a special advisory role to fill. For instance, MacBain, if you agree him on the Pantheon, will be the Logistics adviser. There's another in charge of funding. One for R&D, etc...

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
I like.
A couple notes however: A Star Liner cannot exceed Warp 8 as this is currently the 'optimal' (read 'stable') commercial speed. Military vessels of frigate, destroyer, cruiser, battle cruiser and battleship class can reach Warp 9 and push Warp 10, which is still very unstable and only with the help of an on-board AI (which some of them don't have, depending on priority).
Also- It's UNE United Nations of Earth, not USE. And TSA 'Space Marines' sounds... Warhammery... Try TSA Marine Corps.

Currently no... remember how old Ban is? There have been advances in the Higgs bubbles formed around starcraft. Especially towards the end of the Nexus Wars.

UNE... my bad... yeah I agree with the Space Marines comment... but Marine Corps sounds... well not very futuristic sci-fi.

I'm in charge of FTL-related lore...
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 2238782717
The maximum speed currently achievable using Higgs Fields is Warp 10, which is only possible by wrapping the craft in five separate 'bubbles'. There have been advances, yes. Those advances made the Warp 9 speed possible, but perfecting the constant upkeep of five separate bubbles is still under development. Each bubble adds to the possibility that the whole thing collapses on itself due to the massive difference between the atomic substance on the outside of the last bubble and the inside of the first. Imagine trying to inflate five balloons each within the previous one.
The fact that Warp 10 is still experimental means that it is still only available to military-grade spacecraft. Commercial Star Liners and other civilian craft are only allowed speeds of up to Warp 8.5, and Liners in particular (due to their size) are only capable of Warp 8.
The bigger the ship, and, understandably, its' mass, the more it would take to make it FTL-capable. That's why 'Olympus' (being 13/18 kilometers long) is only capable of Warp 1.

I still need a final word on the design- Avatar or Leviathan?
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Scott wrote:

The Pantheon is made up of 11 individuals, plus Cronus himself. They are pretty much the guys that run Olympus. They aren't part of the 'program'. Most of them are suits and over-paid pencil pushers. They function as advisers to the CO, Cronus. Think of them as the Board of Directors. They answer only to Cronus himself.
Each individual has a special advisory role to fill. For instance, MacBain, if you agree him on the Pantheon, will be the Logistics adviser. There's another in charge of funding. One for R&D, etc...

Scott wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
I like.
A couple notes however: A Star Liner cannot exceed Warp 8 as this is currently the 'optimal' (read 'stable') commercial speed. Military vessels of frigate, destroyer, cruiser, battle cruiser and battleship class can reach Warp 9 and push Warp 10, which is still very unstable and only with the help of an on-board AI (which some of them don't have, depending on priority).
Also- It's UNE United Nations of Earth, not USE. And TSA 'Space Marines' sounds... Warhammery... Try TSA Marine Corps.

Currently no... remember how old Ban is? There have been advances in the Higgs bubbles formed around starcraft. Especially towards the end of the Nexus Wars.

UNE... my bad... yeah I agree with the Space Marines comment... but Marine Corps sounds... well not very futuristic sci-fi.

I'm in charge of FTL-related lore...
Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 2238782717
The maximum speed currently achievable using Higgs Fields is Warp 10, which is only possible by wrapping the craft in five separate 'bubbles'. There have been advances, yes. Those advances made the Warp 9 speed possible, but perfecting the constant upkeep of five separate bubbles is still under development. Each bubble adds to the possibility that the whole thing collapses on itself due to the massive difference between the atomic substance on the outside of the last bubble and the inside of the first. Imagine trying to inflate five balloons each within the previous one.
The fact that Warp 10 is still experimental means that it is still only available to military-grade spacecraft. Commercial Star Liners and other civilian craft are only allowed speeds of up to Warp 8.5, and Liners in particular (due to their size) are only capable of Warp 8.
The bigger the ship, and, understandably, its' mass, the more it would take to make it FTL-capable. That's why 'Olympus' (being 13/18 kilometers long) is only capable of Warp 1.

I still need a final word on the design- Avatar or Leviathan?

Uh... Nyx? I liked Nyx the most...

And why are you in charge of FTL lore?! Also mass within a Higgs bubble *read field* would be virtually massless compared to outside the bubble... in fact the only detectable mass would be from particles interacting with the Higgs field... and if you add more bubbles (still not sure how you'd do such a thing from INSIDE the enveloped craft tho this IS Sci Fiction)... well you aren't going to have as many particles interacting with the outermost bubble compared to the innermost one... I don't understand where your science is coming from? Mass wouldn't be a problem... creating multiple bubbles within each other would.

I am so not being easy today...
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am

Go with Leviathan. It seems to fit Olympus better.

Also, I'm going to re-read the lore so I can have a firm grip on what I can use for my little writing thing since you guys are already getting to work on it.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 am

@ Scott: My point exactly... Creating more fields from within one-another is the tough part. But there is still technically a difference between the atomic substance within the innermost field and that outside the outer-most. Even if the mass of the object 'shrinks', it does not drop out of normal space (and into slip-space, like going through a gate), only enters a 'sub-space' state.
As I said- imagine inflating multiple balloons, each from within the previous. When you inflate the first, there's already a pressure difference between the inside of the baloon and the outside atmosphere. The second would have a pressure difference between the inside of the first balloon and the inside of the second balloon. And so-on and so-forth.
Replace air pressure with atomic substance (which is essentially mass).
The larger the mass of the object to travel, the bigger the field and the resulting distortion.

Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
@ Scott: My point exactly... Creating more fields from within one-another is the tough part. But there is still technically a difference between the atomic substance within the innermost field and that outside the outer-most. Even if the mass of the object 'shrinks', it does not drop out of normal space (and into slip-space, like going through a gate), only enters a 'sub-space' state.
As I said- imagine inflating multiple balloons, each from within the previous. When you inflate the first, there's already a pressure difference between the inside of the baloon and the outside atmosphere. The second would have a pressure difference between the inside of the first balloon and the inside of the second balloon. And so-on and so-forth.
Replace air pressure with atomic substance (which is essentially mass).
The larger the mass of the object to travel, the bigger the field and the resulting distortion.

You don't create "pressure" with a higgs field...

ok ok I think I see where you're coming from... there's a critical flaw with this tho. There is no difference in sub-atomic/atomic substance within and out of the bubble. There IS a difference within the FIELD. You have to understand that the only thing that changes is the relativity of the inside of the bubble to the outside. The field doesn't FILL the bubble... it is only merely the bubble. Unless there's another sci fi explanation I'm missing here on how the bubbles are created.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Perfect Stranger
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 pm

I wish I was a master in physics so I can be the middle man.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm

you
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Name it Baubo.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 am

CollaWars wrote:
Name it Baubo.

Name what Baubo?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm making up fleet commanding orders and ranks right now...
Just felt like checking in...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 am

I've been thinking of making some short(-ish) stories covering Ban's work before he was drafted into Olympus. He won't exactly be the protagonist in every one, but they'll all be centred around a special agency MI6-style...
I've just been having these ideas of deniable ops type stuff... Probably because I've been watching a bunch of Strike Back lately...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

I looked over my character, and I want to edit his bio. If that's ok with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Bwanch wrote:
I looked over my character, and I want to edit his bio. If that's ok with you guys.
It's fine with me...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Well tomorrow... too tired atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Olympus Discussion   Project Olympus Discussion - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Olympus Discussion
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next