I need a hero
 
PortalHomeSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChat
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Share | 
 

 Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 pm

The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Superman wrote:
I remember once when my friends were drunk and they went to see twilight, I've gone with them in case they suffer seizures from the film's horrendous script.....You should have came with me, man was it funny, they pratically were pretending that they were fucking belle, they were redubbing the film, they made noise in the movie theater, they even got some vuvuzelas and pissed off people, the movie theater's owner banned them from the theater

Ummm. Not to be a dork. But her name is Bella. Not Belle. Everything else you said about the movie script was dead on though.

It does beg the question of WHY you went to see twilight though....

It's the sparkles isn't it?

I had a friend in high school who read through ALL the Twilight books... His excuse: 'My sister recommended them to me...' which was code for 'My sister bullied me to read them.' His sister is two years younger than him...

He was kinda the one cracked egg in the dozen...

Most men's rationale behind going to see Twilight is either:
A) Girlfriend/Crush says she would like to. Time to take one for the team!
B) Picking up dazzled girls with self-esteem issues around the cinema exit after the movie? Yeah, totally worth the mental suicide I'm gonna have during the film...

Though if that's their choice in women...

C) Losing a bet or is the bet
D) Making fun of it the whole way through with some friends while pissing the audience off.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 pm

The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Superman wrote:
I remember once when my friends were drunk and they went to see twilight, I've gone with them in case they suffer seizures from the film's horrendous script.....You should have came with me, man was it funny, they pratically were pretending that they were fucking belle, they were redubbing the film, they made noise in the movie theater, they even got some vuvuzelas and pissed off people, the movie theater's owner banned them from the theater

Ummm. Not to be a dork. But her name is Bella. Not Belle. Everything else you said about the movie script was dead on though.

It does beg the question of WHY you went to see twilight though....

It's the sparkles isn't it?

I had a friend in high school who read through ALL the Twilight books... His excuse: 'My sister recommended them to me...' which was code for 'My sister bullied me to read them.' His sister is two years younger than him...

He was kinda the one cracked egg in the dozen...

Most men's rationale behind going to see Twilight is either:
A) Girlfriend/Crush says she would like to. Time to take one for the team!
B) Picking up dazzled girls with self-esteem issues around the cinema exit after the movie? Yeah, totally worth the mental suicide I'm gonna have during the film...

Though if that's their choice in women...

I've yet to see a reason to watch them... >.> Tho Buddy's "D" seems to be the closest.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I admit to being a Twilight fan- of the books ONLY... The movies are seriously the worst movies ever made. They should have left the books alone.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 am

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
I admit to being a Twilight fan- of the books ONLY... The movies are seriously the worst movies ever made. They should have left the books alone.


That's my stand for most books-turned-movie... Why doesn't Hollywood listen?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimeth
Sad Panda


Posts : 2555
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:13 am

The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
I admit to being a Twilight fan- of the books ONLY... The movies are seriously the worst movies ever made. They should have left the books alone.


That's my stand for most books-turned-movie... Why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 am

ZombieGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
I admit to being a Twilight fan- of the books ONLY... The movies are seriously the worst movies ever made. They should have left the books alone.


That's my stand for most books-turned-movie... Why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Money.

Okay then... Look at it this way: They made three movies out of the three Lord of The Rings books, right? Missing a ton of important bits in the process... Had they added those, giving them enough detail and importance and everything... That would have given them the material needed (when added to the three movies) to make not three but four, maybe five Lord of The Rings movies... That's, at best, two more movies than they actually made... Which means they missed out on the profit...
So why doesn't Hollywood listen?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 am

The Joker wrote:
ZombieGrimeth wrote:
The Joker wrote:


That's my stand for most books-turned-movie... Why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Money.

Okay then... Look at it this way: They made three movies out of the three Lord of The Rings books, right? Missing a ton of important bits in the process... Had they added those, giving them enough detail and importance and everything... That would have given them the material needed (when added to the three movies) to make not three but four, maybe five Lord of The Rings movies... That's, at best, two more movies than they actually made... Which means they missed out on the profit...
So why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Oddly enough the Lord of The Rings movies was one of the few books-turned-into-movies that I could stand. I felt they did a decent job of keeping the integrity of the story (and not boring the crap out of me with Tom Bombadil)... yes it is missing things, and they totally should have kept the real ending of the book instead of making it seem like it's a happy ending.... but overall, it's still better than most books that they ruin with movies.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burkman
Perfect Stranger


Posts : 6439
Join date : 2011-02-23
Age : 72
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:45 am

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
The Joker wrote:
ZombieGrimeth wrote:


Money.

Okay then... Look at it this way: They made three movies out of the three Lord of The Rings books, right? Missing a ton of important bits in the process... Had they added those, giving them enough detail and importance and everything... That would have given them the material needed (when added to the three movies) to make not three but four, maybe five Lord of The Rings movies... That's, at best, two more movies than they actually made... Which means they missed out on the profit...
So why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Oddly enough the Lord of The Rings movies was one of the few books-turned-into-movies that I could stand. I felt they did a decent job of keeping the integrity of the story (and not boring the crap out of me with Tom Bombadil)... yes it is missing things, and they totally should have kept the real ending of the book instead of making it seem like it's a happy ending.... but overall, it's still better than most books that they ruin with movies.

I agree with this. The movies were pretty good, but they cut out some things I would have liked to see. Like Gandalf encountering Radghast and all that. I wanted to see Radaghast in those movies, but noooo. Even in the director's cut versions of the movies, he never made an appearance.

At least he'll make an appearance in the upcoming The Hobbit movie.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 am

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
The Joker wrote:
ZombieGrimeth wrote:


Money.

Okay then... Look at it this way: They made three movies out of the three Lord of The Rings books, right? Missing a ton of important bits in the process... Had they added those, giving them enough detail and importance and everything... That would have given them the material needed (when added to the three movies) to make not three but four, maybe five Lord of The Rings movies... That's, at best, two more movies than they actually made... Which means they missed out on the profit...
So why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Oddly enough the Lord of The Rings movies was one of the few books-turned-into-movies that I could stand. I felt they did a decent job of keeping the integrity of the story (and not boring the crap out of me with Tom Bombadil)... yes it is missing things, and they totally should have kept the real ending of the book instead of making it seem like it's a happy ending.... but overall, it's still better than most books that they ruin with movies.

Yes, the movies are pretty good, I have nothing against them... However, I would have liked to at least see the quartet of hobits making their way to Bre (or whatever you spell that), and I mean the whole journey- from the levy crossing, past Tom Bombadil, the forest and them haunted mounds... I would have liked to see Aragorn's hunt for Golum and a lot more minute details that the producers didn't think essential enough to add...
What makes me dislike the movies is them making stupid decisions like mixing moments together- like that part when Merry (or was it Pipin?) almost got eaten by a willow...

Hmm... That reminds me... I need to read the books again... It's been a long time since I last read them...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 am

The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
The Joker wrote:


Okay then... Look at it this way: They made three movies out of the three Lord of The Rings books, right? Missing a ton of important bits in the process... Had they added those, giving them enough detail and importance and everything... That would have given them the material needed (when added to the three movies) to make not three but four, maybe five Lord of The Rings movies... That's, at best, two more movies than they actually made... Which means they missed out on the profit...
So why doesn't Hollywood listen?

Oddly enough the Lord of The Rings movies was one of the few books-turned-into-movies that I could stand. I felt they did a decent job of keeping the integrity of the story (and not boring the crap out of me with Tom Bombadil)... yes it is missing things, and they totally should have kept the real ending of the book instead of making it seem like it's a happy ending.... but overall, it's still better than most books that they ruin with movies.

Yes, the movies are pretty good, I have nothing against them... However, I would have liked to at least see the quartet of hobits making their way to Bre (or whatever you spell that), and I mean the whole journey- from the levy crossing, past Tom Bombadil, the forest and them haunted mounds... I would have liked to see Aragorn's hunt for Golum and a lot more minute details that the producers didn't think essential enough to add...
What makes me dislike the movies is them making stupid decisions like mixing moments together- like that part when Merry (or was it Pipin?) almost got eaten by a willow...

Hmm... That reminds me... I need to read the books again... It's been a long time since I last read them...

See, I like that part, that is a nod to the books (and the aformentioned Tom Bombadil) without actually putting in the whole thing. I would have liked to see the end be true to the book and show the rape of the shire by men etc. Instead of seeing it in Galadriel's mirror.

Meh. I have read the books, but once was enough. Now the Silmarillion on the other hand, I could read every single day. I love that book.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:


Oddly enough the Lord of The Rings movies was one of the few books-turned-into-movies that I could stand. I felt they did a decent job of keeping the integrity of the story (and not boring the crap out of me with Tom Bombadil)... yes it is missing things, and they totally should have kept the real ending of the book instead of making it seem like it's a happy ending.... but overall, it's still better than most books that they ruin with movies.

Yes, the movies are pretty good, I have nothing against them... However, I would have liked to at least see the quartet of hobits making their way to Bre (or whatever you spell that), and I mean the whole journey- from the levy crossing, past Tom Bombadil, the forest and them haunted mounds... I would have liked to see Aragorn's hunt for Golum and a lot more minute details that the producers didn't think essential enough to add...
What makes me dislike the movies is them making stupid decisions like mixing moments together- like that part when Merry (or was it Pipin?) almost got eaten by a willow...

Hmm... That reminds me... I need to read the books again... It's been a long time since I last read them...

See, I like that part, that is a nod to the books (and the aformentioned Tom Bombadil) without actually putting in the whole thing. I would have liked to see the end be true to the book and show the rape of the shire by men etc. Instead of seeing it in Galadriel's mirror.

Meh. I have read the books, but once was enough. Now the Silmarillion on the other hand, I could read every single day. I love that book.

I've been trying to find it for some time now... The edition with maps and stuff...

And yes... The ending they should have kept to the book... What I don't like in that willow moment is that they put it with the Ents... Why not just add a longer bit with Tom Bombadil between the levy crossing and them reaching Bre?

I do hope they keep more to the book with Hobit...

Anyways...




This thread is now about bunnies!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Well the Hobbit will be two films so I'm sure they'll fit most of it in. I remember reading the Hobbit and it wasn't as long as the LOTR books.

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Scott wrote:
Well the Hobbit will be two films so I'm sure they'll fit most of it in. I remember reading the Hobbit and it wasn't as long as the LOTR books.

It's a single book and compared to LOTR it's really really short...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:17 pm

The Joker wrote:
Scott wrote:
Well the Hobbit will be two films so I'm sure they'll fit most of it in. I remember reading the Hobbit and it wasn't as long as the LOTR books.

It's a single book and compared to LOTR it's really really short...

That's.... pretty much what I just said?

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:19 pm

You forgot really silly with all the sing-song conversations....

I have to be honest The Hobbit is one book I started to read but never finished. I just couldn't get into it at all. And yet I love Lord of the Rings etc... but the hobbit just didn't grab me.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
You forgot really silly with all the sing-song conversations....

I have to be honest The Hobbit is one book I started to read but never finished. I just couldn't get into it at all. And yet I love Lord of the Rings etc... but the hobbit just didn't grab me.


I remember the cartoon of it... it was pretty bad. >.>

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Hypah
OT'er


Posts : 226
Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Scott wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
You forgot really silly with all the sing-song conversations....

I have to be honest The Hobbit is one book I started to read but never finished. I just couldn't get into it at all. And yet I love Lord of the Rings etc... but the hobbit just didn't grab me.


I remember the cartoon of it... it was pretty bad. >.>

Oh YOU SAW NOTHING.........Beware the Return of the king cartoon...BEWARE!

_________________
Wise Words # 02

Homer :I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistress Morrigan
OT Crime Lord


Posts : 1585
Join date : 2011-08-15
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Superman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
You forgot really silly with all the sing-song conversations....

I have to be honest The Hobbit is one book I started to read but never finished. I just couldn't get into it at all. And yet I love Lord of the Rings etc... but the hobbit just didn't grab me.


I remember the cartoon of it... it was pretty bad. >.>

Oh YOU SAW NOTHING.........Beware the Return of the king cartoon...BEWARE!


They have a return of the king cartoon?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott
Warlord


Posts : 11276
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 27
Location : Burkman's attic... drilling...

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Superman wrote:
Scott wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
You forgot really silly with all the sing-song conversations....

I have to be honest The Hobbit is one book I started to read but never finished. I just couldn't get into it at all. And yet I love Lord of the Rings etc... but the hobbit just didn't grab me.


I remember the cartoon of it... it was pretty bad. >.>

Oh YOU SAW NOTHING.........Beware the Return of the king cartoon...BEWARE!


They have a return of the king cartoon?

^

_________________

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' partner? Aim for the bushes... *brofist*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swtorot.forumotion.com
Hypah
OT'er


Posts : 226
Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Superman wrote:
Scott wrote:


I remember the cartoon of it... it was pretty bad. >.>

Oh YOU SAW NOTHING.........Beware the Return of the king cartoon...BEWARE!


They have a return of the king cartoon?

Unfortunately yes, made by the guys who made Thundercats and the Hobbit, there is a Return of the King cartoon, it is a unofficial sequel to Bakshi's animated Lord of The Rings, though it is more towards kids than the mature audience with things like (dare I say it) singing orks.


_________________
Wise Words # 02

Homer :I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Superman wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
Superman wrote:


Oh YOU SAW NOTHING.........Beware the Return of the king cartoon...BEWARE!


They have a return of the king cartoon?

Unfortunately yes, made by the guys who made Thundercats and the Hobbit, there is a Return of the King cartoon, it is a unofficial sequel to Bakshi's animated Lord of The Rings, though it is more towards kids than the mature audience with things like (dare I say it) singing orks.


Get. The Fuck. Out.
yeah

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypah
OT'er


Posts : 226
Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 pm

The Joker wrote:
Superman wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:



They have a return of the king cartoon?

Unfortunately yes, made by the guys who made Thundercats and the Hobbit, there is a Return of the King cartoon, it is a unofficial sequel to Bakshi's animated Lord of The Rings, though it is more towards kids than the mature audience with things like (dare I say it) singing orks.


Get. The Fuck. Out.
yeah

LOLWHY?


_________________
Wise Words # 02

Homer :I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Superman wrote:
The Joker wrote:
Superman wrote:


Unfortunately yes, made by the guys who made Thundercats and the Hobbit, there is a Return of the King cartoon, it is a unofficial sequel to Bakshi's animated Lord of The Rings, though it is more towards kids than the mature audience with things like (dare I say it) singing orks.


Get. The Fuck. Out.
yeah

LOLWHY?


Orks. Do NOT. Sing. Period.
Unless it's 'WAAAAAAAGH!' or something of that nature.
Now.
Get. Your. Mother. Fucking. White. Ass. Out. Of. Here.
NOW!


















































Have a nice day!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypah
OT'er


Posts : 226
Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:46 pm

The Joker wrote:
Superman wrote:
The Joker wrote:


Get. The Fuck. Out.
yeah

LOLWHY?


Orks. Do NOT. Sing. Period.
Unless it's 'WAAAAAAAGH!' or something of that nature.
Now.
Get. Your. Mother. Fucking. White. Ass. Out. Of. Here.
NOW!


















































Have a nice day!



Problem Slowbro?

_________________
Wise Words # 02

Homer :I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ban-Anad
BananaGod


Posts : 6603
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Dude... That gaaaaay...
no...just no

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.   Today at 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Drunken Ramblingz Vol 1.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Drunken Racers
» [A] The Drunken Boar - Traditional Dwarven Tavern

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OT Legacy :: The Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: