OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

New Admin and Change of Forum Address

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who do you wan't to replace Matieu?
Bobabounty
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Collawars
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_lcap24%New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Branch
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Burkman
New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_lcap52%New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Scott
Warlord
Scott

New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 Empty
PostNew Admin and Change of Forum Address

Hello all! I would like to announce again that we are having a change of forum address at the end of the week. We are changing over to "swtorot.forumotion.com". If anyone could fix the link on the TORums and any other related sites it would be much appreciated!

As I stated before I was taking apps for admin position via PM. Well here it is... the twist. I have chosen your nominees for admin. All of YOU will chose your next admin. The criteria that I was looking for was someone who was willing to take the time to put in a decent app. I'm a little saddened at the low turn out of apps, but here are your options, you have 1 week to decide:

Admin
~Scott

Last edited by Scott on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

New Admin and Change of Forum Address :: Comments

Branch
Re: New Admin and Change of Forum Address
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm  Branch
Bobabounty wrote:
Burkman wrote:
Bobabounty wrote:
This is like the 2012 elections. Burkman is Romney, I'm Santorum, Colla is Newt Gingrich, and Branch is Ron Paul.

Ha. I gotta kick out of that.

I'm glad you did.

Right now you're shitting on us with the delegate count... myself and Colla aren't far behind... and branch is a long shot.

I have more votes than Colla and the same as you you
CollaWars
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 pm  CollaWars
So it is a popularity contest.
Branch
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm  Branch
CollaWars wrote:

Thats pretty much it. I thought Scott would pick out of the apps...
CollaWars
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm  CollaWars
Branch wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

Thats pretty much it. I thought Scott would pick out of the apps...

He didn't want to make a decision.
CollaWars
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm  CollaWars
Mitt Burkman " I like the OT, the posts are just the right length."
Burkman
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:46 pm  Burkman
CollaWars wrote:

FABULOUS!!
CollaWars
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:49 pm  CollaWars
Burkman wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

FABULOUS!!

You'll be making that face in a week from now!

I am putting a base on the moon!
Boba
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm  Boba
I'll make sure NO abortions are here, and that we pray every day!

Spoiler:
Burkman
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:42 pm  Burkman
CollaWars wrote:
Burkman wrote:
CollaWars wrote:

FABULOUS!!

You'll be making that face in a week from now!

I am putting a base on the moon!

We'll see what happens. yeah
Boba
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:51 pm  Boba
No, it's a given Burkman will win. We all might as well just quit.
Causa
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm  Causa
Bobabounty wrote:
No, it's a given Burkman will win. We all might as well just quit.

New Admin and Change of Forum Address - Page 3 +_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829
The Mortonator
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:49 pm  The Mortonator
Mistress Morrigan wrote:
I don't feel comfortable voting on this.... I hope that's ok.

But.... shouldn't someone that fills this role be sort of.... idk an impartial kind of personality? I would think that would be a beneficial requirement, wouldn't it?

In that case, I suggest you vote for Colla. He's probably the most impartial out of them.
MrEvilDude
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm  MrEvilDude
TheMortonator. wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:

But.... shouldn't someone that fills this role be sort of.... idk an impartial kind of personality? I would think that would be a beneficial requirement, wouldn't it?

In that case, I suggest you vote for Colla. He's probably the most impartial out of them.

BRANCH 2012
Boba
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm  Boba
Boba 20124
Burkman
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm  Burkman
What is this.. I don
Branch
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm  Branch
TheMortonator. wrote:
Mistress Morrigan wrote:

I wouldn't say the most impartial.... but he's a good canidate....
Branch
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:14 pm  Branch
why cant i cancel my vote???

EDIT: Since people are putting up why they should be voted on, I'll go ahead and post my app to Scott

Since my little fit, I have grown in maturity and would like to spread a bit of maturity in the OT. This could help with drama and such that would also keep members staying.

When I joined the OT in ye olden days, I started gaining a superiority feeling. I feel as if most OTers dont have that feeling as well. Like thinking its a shithole or stuff. I'd like to start thinking of ways to make the OTers proud to be OTers. It would make a tighter community, I feel.

Finally, I think we should really start thinking of ways to gain new, quality members that can laugh at themselves and laugh at others :P. These members being able to choose whether or not they are OTA members.
Boba
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm  Boba
My app:

Dear Guardian_Scott,

I believe I should be considered for the position of admin because I feel that I am mostly active in the community. I am not involved in any major drama situations, and the ones I were in are gone by and done with. I get along with the majority of the community and believe that if you nominate me for admin, you will get a hard-working person who will do what is ultimately best for the OT.

Unlike other candidates you may be considering, I am quiet proficient when it comes to adding sections to the website or coming up with new ideas. I have experience with HTML coding and other web-page development programs. I do not let my emotions guide me when making decisions, and bouts of rages are uncommon in me. The position of admin would be important to me because I have no life and you guys are my only friends.

Love, as always,

~ Bobabounty
Branch
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 pm  Branch
Bobabounty wrote:
My app:

Dear Guardian_Scott,

I believe I should be considered for the position of admin because I feel that I am mostly active in the community. I am not involved in any major drama situations, and the ones I were in are gone by and done with. I get along with the majority of the community and believe that if you nominate me for admin, you will get a hard-working person who will do what is ultimately best for the OT.

Unlike other candidates you may be considering, I am quiet proficient when it comes to adding sections to the website or coming up with new ideas. I have experience with HTML coding and other web-page development programs. I do not let my emotions guide me when making decisions, and bouts of rages are uncommon in me. The position of admin would be important to me because I have no life and you guys are my only friends.

Love, as always,

~ Bobabounty

I fucking laughed at that last sentence....
Burkman
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm  Burkman
I'm not happy with my application... Therefore I will not post it, for it sounds too desperate and rushed.

All you guys need to know is that my rage won't affect this position whatsoever. So you can just put aside your fears of me having a rage fit and burning this place to the ground. That will never happen as long as I live.
Branch
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 pm  Branch
Burkman wrote:
I'm not happy with my application... Therefore I will not post it, for it sounds too desperate and rushed.

All you guys need to know is that my rage won't affect this position whatsoever. So you can just put aside your fears of me having a rage fit and burning this place to the ground. That will never happen as long as I live.

Ik you wouldnt abuse your deleting and editing powers. Just the possibility of a biasedness. Its unlikely since you're a smart person, but thats my fear.
Burkman
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 pm  Burkman
Branch wrote:
Burkman wrote:

Ik you wouldnt abuse your deleting and editing powers. Just the possibility of a biasedness. Its unlikely since you're a smart person, but thats my fear.

Don't worry. I understand the pressure of being admin. I've been one a few times before on other forums, not including the fact they were InvisionFree and Zetaboards.
Scott
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm  Scott
There are no favorites... and anyone that calls this poll a popularity contest is just being a poor sport. Suck it up... I made this a fair game.
CollaWars
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:16 pm  CollaWars
Scott wrote:
There are no favorites... and anyone that calls this poll a popularity contest is just being a poor sport. Suck it up... I made this a fair game.

*stares at Colla*
Scott
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm  Scott
CollaWars wrote:
Scott wrote:

*stares at Colla*

That was a glance... you haven't felt a stare... OMG!

New Admin and Change of Forum Address

Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next