OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
Amanda Todd died EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
Amanda Todd died EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

Amanda Todd died

Go down 
+9
Grimeth
DarthShadie
Ban-Anad
Jet
Scott
Ulyaoth
Meatlocker
Branch
Matured Yoshikage Kira
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Matured Yoshikage Kira
OT Crime Lord
Matured Yoshikage Kira

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Meanwhile, in Lubbock, Texas a 13 year old girl went missing yesterday when she was taking out the trash.

Im real sorry it happened, but many people commit suicide. I'm not gonna go into it. I think most of you know where Im getting at.

May God be with her family.
Back to top Go down
Meatlocker
Detective
Meatlocker

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 pm

A student at Harvard tied a cinderblock to himself and jumped into the Charles.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:06 pm

The real question is... if I killed myself, would branch wish for god to be with my family?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
The real question is... if I killed myself, would branch wish for god to be with my family?

I knew someone would comment on that. Yes I would Uly. Because killing yourself is selfish. A family needs God in a case of a member of their family leaving them by choice.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Or perhaps... it is MORE selfish to expect somebody who doesn't want to live anymore to continue living through life because they enjoy his company. #BeAnHero
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
Or perhaps... it is MORE selfish to expect somebody who doesn't want to live anymore to continue living through life because they enjoy his company. #BeAnHero

Toughen the fuck up and go on with life.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

How selfish of you...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
How selfish of you...

facepalm
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Ulyaoth wrote:
How selfish of you...

I'm allergic to your selfishness... and bullshit...

*ACHOOOOO!*
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Jet
Bell Sucker
Bell Sucker
Jet

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 pm

I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Branch wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

I knew someone would comment on that. Yes I would Uly. Because killing yourself is selfish. A family needs God in a case of a member of their family leaving them by choice.

How is the presumed pressence of a presumed being that mey or mey not at all exist and may or mey not be there at all, in any way helpful?
And from what I know, Christian God (seriously, pick a name for the thing...) isn't a big fan of suicides and tends to stay away from people connected to them, including families...

See? I can do objective religious discussion...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

How is the presumed pressence of a presumed being that mey or mey not at all exist and may or mey not be there at all, in any way helpful?
And from what I know, Christian God (seriously, pick a name for the thing...) isn't a big fan of suicides and tends to stay away from people connected to them, including families...

In your opinion he isn't there. And yes, he isn't a fan of suicides. Killing yourself is considered killing. But what have you gathered that says he strays away from the family? Unless the family did something to horrible to the person to provoke it maybe, but otherwise God (yea we're not "giving him a name") will support the family emotionally and, depending on the person, spiritually.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

What if we named him Ban? How would that make you feel?
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:55 am

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

How is the presumed presence of a presumed being that may or may not at all exist and may or may not be there at all, in any way helpful?

In your opinion he isn't there. And yes, he isn't a fan of suicides. Killing yourself is considered killing. But what have you gathered that says he strays away from the family? Unless the family did something to horrible to the person to provoke it maybe, but otherwise God (yea we're not "giving him a name") will support the family emotionally and, depending on the person, spiritually.

1. Objective discussion means I do not necessarily have to believe in the subject matter.

2. Why does everyone assume it's a 'He'? Has anyone actually seen 'him' to verify that? And don't give me that 'It's "son of God" so therefore he's a guy.' or anything else connected with how he's addressed in the Bible. The Bible has been re-written more times than a toilet cubicals' wall. More to the point, the current version (read- the one out there for the past 9 or so centuries) has been made to fit in a partiarcal society. So where the fuck is your proof that 'He' is indeed a 'He'?

Well... The family could have prevented the suicide by stepping in and talking to their goddamn child.
You see him cut his wrists in the bathroom, what do you do? Keep razors on the higher shelf?! Way to go, parenting...
You see him spend 90% of his free time in his room, what's your move? Yell at him for not having friends and staying at home all the time. Right, that's a good way of establishing a connection with your kid...

In this regard it can be argued, and some... churches (I would really like to call them sects but I know how you Christ-ies hate that word) actually do accuse the family and friends and place the guilt on them...

Oh, and another thing- if God really hates suicides so much, why doesn't he interfere? There's nothing like a Divine Epiphany to get you on the right track...
Back to top Go down
DarthShadie
OT Master
DarthShadie

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 am

Personally, I find this sort of thing outrageous. I HATE bullies.

My brother got bullied in High School because he's Asbergers (Autistism). I once went to get him with my mom and his supposed ''friend'' was outside. My mom said hi to him passing by, I stayed behind, the kids had his back to me. His friend goes ''Dude, why did you say hi to Sebby's mom, are you like that weirdo's friend or something.'' He replies ''No of course not, I just pretend to because his sister's hot.''
Then I go super loud '' OH HAI HOW ARE YOU GOOD TO SEE YOU''

Busted...

But seriously, I hate bullying. When Sebby would come home with a story I'd want to kill the bastards. That with a bunch of other things, stressed him out big time. He got a burn out. And from that he developed OCD. My brother is the most intelligent being I know. He aced Math and Science all the time. He can't go to school now, he'S afraid to walk outside, he's afraid of dirt and fiecies, he's 25. He looks 17 (but that's the natural part for someone with Asberger's Autism). He could do so much with his life, but his brain isn'T the same as a nurotypical's and because of bullying he worsened. Bullies in his class, bullies in teh school board trying to get him to do exams faster, bullies everywhere because he was different.

That's my story and I will always be protective of him and anyone whom I encounter who will say one bad thing about him, I don'T shy away from telling them off. That's what big sisters are for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.binkyproductions.com
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 am

You know, branch is MY bully here on the OT...

On a side note, I'm allergic to kim jong il.

*ACHOOOOO!*
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

*ACHOOOOO!*

*ACHOOOOO!*

That would be the bullshit again...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 am

Ulyaoth wrote:

*ACHOOOOO!*

*Gives anti-allergic shot in the ass.*
There... You're better now...
It will sting for the next several days and you'll be walking funny, like a horse just raped you, you'll probably need a butt-donut...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

Ban-Anad wrote:
Ulyaoth wrote:

*ACHOOOOO!*

*Gives anti-allergic shot in the ass.*
There... You're better now...
It will sting for the next several days and you'll be walking funny, like a horse just raped you, you'll probably need a butt-donut...

For some reason I imagine Uly already has one... what with all that butthurt. Say whaaa?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:

How is the presumed presence of a presumed being that may or may not at all exist and may or may not be there at all, in any way helpful?

1. Objective discussion means I do not necessarily have to believe in the subject matter.

2. Why does everyone assume it's a 'He'? Has anyone actually seen 'him' to verify that? And don't give me that 'It's "son of God" so therefore he's a guy.' or anything else connected with how he's addressed in the Bible. The Bible has been re-written more times than a toilet cubicals' wall. More to the point, the current version (read- the one out there for the past 9 or so centuries) has been made to fit in a partiarcal society. So where the fuck is your proof that 'He' is indeed a 'He'?

Well... The family could have prevented the suicide by stepping in and talking to their goddamn child.
You see him cut his wrists in the bathroom, what do you do? Keep razors on the higher shelf?! Way to go, parenting...
You see him spend 90% of his free time in his room, what's your move? Yell at him for not having friends and staying at home all the time. Right, that's a good way of establishing a connection with your kid...

In this regard it can be argued, and some... churches (I would really like to call them sects but I know how you Christ-ies hate that word) actually do accuse the family and friends and place the guilt on them...

Oh, and another thing- if God really hates suicides so much, why doesn't he interfere? There's nothing like a Divine Epiphany to get you on the right track...

God is the son of God? lolwut

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Our Old Testement has exact same stuff that the Jews have. In it says how Christ will come and the Jews wont believe he's the Son of God. They didn't. It said they would prosecute him. They did.

We're not saying He's a specific gender. But we're not calling God an it. When westward expansion began in North America there was a Christian group that called God a she. That group is now defunct, but I thought thats a good fun fact considering the convo.

But if you're gonna have a religious fight, atleast have some knowledge of the religion you're combating.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Branch wrote:
Ban-Anad wrote:
Branch wrote:

God is the son of God? lolwut

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Our Old Testement has exact same stuff that the Jews have. In it says how Christ will come and the Jews wont believe he's the Son of God. They didn't. It said they would prosecute him. They did.

We're not saying He's a specific gender. But we're not calling God an it. When westward expansion began in North America there was a Christian group that called God a she. That group is now defunct, but I thought thats a good fun fact considering the convo.

But if you're gonna have a religious fight, atleast have some knowledge of the religion you're combating.

I meant Jebus, you idiot...
And don't worry, I have plenty of knowledge when it comes to Christianity, along with other religions...
And the fact that Judaism and Christianity overlap does not mean either is... trustworthy, for current lack of better word... Both societies where the religions evolved, grew and spread, were patriarchal in nature. For Christianity in particular- Rome, then Byzantine, then the Holy Roman Empire...
Why did that little sect that believed Christ-ie God is a she run all the way to The New World? Because it was prosecuted by the Church (Catholics...). Why was it prosecuted? Because in the eyes of the Church, they were heathen and spreading the blasphemy and lies of God being female...

And I'm not having a religion fight. For a religion fight you need:
1. Each member to have a religion, I'm a pass on that one. Well, OK- Neo-Confucianism I like, but that's mainly due to philosophy (and actually it is mainly philosophy)...
2. There needs to be a fight. We're simply discussing things. Like mature, grown men that can lead this type of conversation without blowing a gasket...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Catholics pray to false idols (inb4 Boba). It was founded by Saint Peter and since then has been completely corrupt. I'll give you that the Bible isnt the same as it was originally, but MOST of it is true to word. The Ten Commandments, Christ, etc.

Well that group was saying God was. Which he doesnt have a gender.

About Jesus though, no we dont know what gender he is. It's another thing that we cant ever be sure about because of the corruption of man.

Fight was a poor choice of words.
Back to top Go down
Ulyaoth
Lonely Bastard
Ulyaoth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Scott wrote:
That would be the bullshit again...

*ACHOOOOO!*

I'm sorry, I'm allergic to faggot, too.
Back to top Go down
Grimeth
Sad Panda
Grimeth

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Branch wrote:
Catholics pray to false idols (inb4 Boba). It was founded by Saint Peter and since then has been completely corrupt. I'll give you that the Bible isnt the same as it was originally, but MOST of it is true to word. The Ten Commandments, Christ, etc.

Well that group was saying God was. Which he doesnt have a gender.

About Jesus though, no we dont know what gender he is. It's another thing that we cant ever be sure about because of the corruption of man.

Fight was a poor choice of words.

*ahem* I was gonna stay out of this... buuuuut... I was raised Catholic so perhaps I can correct you on a few things Mr. Man...

Catholics don't pray to false idols (I assume you mean "praying" to the saints here) I can understand the confusion here, but when Catholics are "praying" to saints we're really more of just saying "Hey, my homie I hear you and big J are pretty tight. Wana pray for me, and shit?" It was indeed founded by saint Peter, and while it has undoubtedly been corrupted to some degree, I would not say it's completely corrupt (certainly no more than other sects of Christianity). And we're pretty damn sure Jesus was a dude... (You might have just meant God in general.) Just saying. Oh yeah... God doesn't have a gender (from what I hear anyways) cause he's mothafucking, God. He aint no human like us. SHIIIIT, that nugget appeared as a burning bush they say! Now... let's stop this arguing and shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amanda Todd died Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amanda Todd died   Amanda Todd died Empty

Back to top Go down

Amanda Todd died
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next