OT Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a hero

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The inactivity of this forum.
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 pm by Burkman
It's depressing to see how inactive it has been recently. I mean, everybody is pretty much primarily posting in the never ending thread now and there's not enough people here to make this place really booming. We need to find some way to bring more people here before this place just fades into nothingness...

I know for a fact that a lot of boards out there are thriving because of how many people are there. We just need to get back into the game and pull people here. However, where we obtain these people might matter, because we don't to end up pulling in douches like those at Selkath.

I understand that people are busy these days, but it doesn't seem like they're rarely at their computer anymore. I know most of you are still dicking around with your computer. I don't know how we …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 7
Happy New Year!
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm by Scott
Happy New Year OT! We may be dying... BUT WE'RE STILL HERE! We had an... interesting year last year. Vice Admin Burkman is taking a long earned vacation and Uly is stepping into his position. Well... I'd have more to say but I've got other things to do atm... and oh yeah... to quote Callin... "GET A MIC YA BUM!"

~Scott

Comments: 5

The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]

Go down 
+5
CollaWars
Scott
Branch
Causa
Ban-Anad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Empty
PostSubject: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Welcome!

To the Banana-Cabana Art Gallery and Shoppe!
Please don't stare at the monkeys, they are not part of the exhibit...

Since I'm officially back in TOR, though I'm still unable to enter the TOR site for more than two page-reloads (keeps logging me out...), I thought it'd be good if I setup a little Art page here... I'll post Star Wars related things here, give their links to my dA page etc...

I'm also taking up making free commissions! Yes, FREE... Cause let's face it, who pays for Boredom?...

To request a commission, you can either post here or PM me (also here, not TOR), or leave me a note on my dA Account.

A request must contain several things:
1. The name of the character you want me to make. Preferably one of your imagining as I don't want any copyright issues...
2. A description of both the character and how you want him- pose, garment... That sort of stuff. A short biography is best. Things like 'A SUPA BIG MANDO BAD-ASS WIT ROKITPAK AN FLAIMTROERS!!!!!1!' will be ignored. If you want me to use any particular material (pose, stock image, etc), send it over (link, w/e).
3. Any deadline you'd like to give me. Keep in mind, I seldom work fast when it comes to drawing, so dates below a month will be hard to accomplish. That doesn't mean I won't try however, as I like the challenge.

After you send me the request, I'll reply to it as soon as I see it. After which I'll probably be several days before I reply to you again. In that time I'll be working on a draft sketch and/or gathering material and information. If need be and more communication is necessary, I'll give you my Skype name so we can clear out things.

Remember- I'm doing this free of any charge, so I'm not obliged to actually do anything and I'll most likely drop you if you're being too bossy...

Commission Slots: CLOSED

1. Matieu Khai for Matieu
2. Varik Odai for PimpWilbourn
3. Gurett Denrock for CollaWars

In any case, below follows a Gallery of my Star Wars related works:
Commissions will feature the people they belong to.

Ban-Anad D'ealari:
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Ban_anad_rsf_trooper_by_akutou-d3dwze2
dA Link: Ban-Anad RSF Trooper

The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Ban_anad_smuggler_by_akutou-d3ijkgm
dA Link: Ban-Anad Smuggler

Ramir Ankoolas:
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Ramir_ankoolas_ver__1_by_akutou-d3i7atd
dA Link: Ramir Ankoolas

Karaxt Brinn:
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Karaxt_brinn_by_akutou-d4cfrag
dA Link: Karaxt Brinn

Scott Chain (For Scott):
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Commission__scott_chain_by_akutou-d45fh0f
dA Link: Scott Chain

Jett Farreng (For Jet):
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Connission__jett_fareng_by_akutou-d45flrj
dA Link: Jett Fareng

Skorrl Val (For Branch):
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Commission__skorrl_val_by_akutou-d46zu54
dA Link: Skorrl Val

Last edited by BananaDealer on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Good Show sir.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:10 pm

I love you... I love you
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Branch wrote:
I love you... I love you

Sorry, I'm taken... But I do accept hugs.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm so asking a request of my char from you... maybe in a couple months tho. I could copy pasta my request... but it seems impersonal.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorot.forumotion.com
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 am

Scott wrote:
I'm so asking a request of my char from you... maybe in a couple months tho. I could copy pasta my request... but it seems impersonal.

Mmmm.... Pastaaa *glarghlarrrrr......*

Anyways, I won't mind... As long as it's detailed enough...
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm

(Sorry for the DP)

Ban's second ed (as a smuggler/scoundrel) is done, spare some final polish... I actually made something in Photoshop (mostly because I was lazy to get a pose printed)... I feel proud... But the final piece will be in pencil (it's my style and I'm sticking to it)... You may find an odd resemblance to the dude from the latest cinematic trailer... That's unintentional since, let's face it- that's the most generic 'charming ruffian' mug you can get without hiring Harrison Ford... I've also skipped the hat, for now... Might add it later...

In any case- now free to accept commissions! Oh, lets keep it small right now- commission cap will be five and only one per person... I don't wanna get swamped with work... Scottie gets first one (on his queue of course) as I owe him the Cabana Logo... So that's four...
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Name: Scott Chain
Species: For purpose of art request... human.
Profession: Ex-Jedi, Warlord

Appearance: Faint, glowing, light-blue, tribal tattoos on right side of body from head to toe. Looking for a tribal kind of look over all. Slightly larger I teeth noticeable when he smiles (giving him a preditorial look) His skin is somewhat tan.
Hair Color: White
Hair Style: Long, with some locks braided and some beaded. Kind of a tribal look.
Eye Color: glowing faint light blue (he's blind so they're a little clouded too)
Build: Muscular and athletic... has a thin mid section.
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: ~180 - 190 lbs

Weapon(s): Single, gold, hilted lightsaber with white blade. The hilt is slightly longer than most lightsabers.
Armor: Scott usually where's some sort of custom sleeveless armor/cloak. Armor on right arm and none on left, if armored.

Personality: Scott is usually a rather calm person... always seems at peace, until it comes to battle. In battle Scott his personality takes a one 180. Easily angered and enjoys the thrill of combat.

Background: http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php?title=Scott_Chainwiki

References:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

If you need more specifics or maybe even a less detailed description let me know. Thanks mate! :D

Also... here is one that was already done of me char:
The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Scott_Chain

... just... less 70's Superheroish. lol I look forward to seeing what you whip up. I've prob given you too complicated of a request.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 pm

This makes me want to get Eliora finished.
Probably Valum as well.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 am

@Scottie:

First- can I please not go for the 'Conan the Barbarian' look in the picture? I mean, I will if that's your vision of him, but I'm gonna have to crack open ye olde 'Drawing Marvel-styled heroes' (If I was gonna make him 70's superheroish, I'd have gone DC)... Maybe something more 'Gerald of Rivia'?
Anyways, I'm gonna have some trouble chiseling in all that detail since I only make black-and-white pen and pencil sketches, but I'm gonna try... I'll try it on Photoshop first...

Anywho- background. The wiki page came out empty, so I'm guessing you want grey...

As for pose. I can go for that elven pose (Pic 2) with the lightsaber resting on one hip (which one? should I also make it double-handed (like in the Conan version)?). The anime one is tooo... Anime... and the other doesn't allow too much detail due to the crouched position blocking most of the body... Or you can give me a day and I'll look for another (thank you, whoever makes resource books and tutorials).

On the difficulty of the request... Actually a longer description makes it easier. Plus- you've provided enough imagery for me to not go wanting... So that's actually a good example of a request.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 am

http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php?title=Scott_Chain

Sorry there's the right link... also Ban... just do whatever... this was just the request I gave to the last guy. Just use the ref pics or somethin' if you want and strip away whatever details you want... I'm not picky... lol

I'm just curious to see what you can make. Thanks... :P

Edit: As for the Conan effect... I've never really thought of it that way lol... like I said dude... with what I gave you just do the way you'd picture him.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:30 am

Scott wrote:

Sorry there's the right link... also Ban... just do whatever... this was just the request I gave to the last guy. Just use the ref pics or somethin' if you want and strip away whatever details you want... I'm not picky... lol

Edit: As for the Conan effect... I've never really thought of it that way lol... like I said dude... with what I gave you just do the way you'd picture him.

Cooooool... Ok, if it isn't a problem, I'll start you off in the weekend (I want to completely finish Ban-Anad's smuggler version). I'll be using (for now) the same pose as the Elf (Pic 2). I'll do my best with PS to give him that glowing look, but again- I can't promise anything...

Anywho- nice background... I'm gonna try and make as much of the lightsaber as I can, but that's waaay too detailed for my skills...

Anywho... Onwards...
Back to top Go down
CollaWars
Arcane Warrior
Arcane Warrior
CollaWars

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:41 am

I used to be in an hardcore role playing guild, had an awesome character too. If only I could remember his name.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Warlord
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:43 am

BananaDealer wrote:
Scott wrote:

Cooooool... Ok, if it isn't a problem, I'll start you off in the weekend (I want to completely finish Ban-Anad's smuggler version). I'll be using (for now) the same pose as the Elf (Pic 2). I'll do my best with PS to give him that glowing look, but again- I can't promise anything...

Anywho- nice background... I'm gonna try and make as much of the lightsaber as I can, but that's waaay too detailed for my skills...

Anywho... Onwards...

I'd do me last... 'cause I prob wont be here for the next few months once you finish. :D
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

I might post a request after I get an artist on Tor to do my newest character. I hope Eliora will turn out nice.
Back to top Go down
Ban-Anad
BananaGod
Ban-Anad

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Scott wrote:
BananaDealer wrote:
Scott wrote:

Anywho... Onwards...

I'd do me last... 'cause I prob wont be here for the next few months once you finish. :D

I'll probably be a week or two as you've provided everything... The deadline thing isn't really that serious and I'm on a creative streak these days so I work fast (since I've got nothing else to do right now)...
Just to let everybody know- I'll be traveling between 23rd and 4th so I won't be able to take-up/work on commissions during that time...
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:22 pm

When I get on a better computer, I'll post a character.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Branch wrote:

Have you decided on a named yet. 👅
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:

I'm thinking of using the name I had for my Smuggler. Jason (Justin?) Blade.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Branch wrote:
Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:

Your first name should be made up. Your last name can be anything since it doesn't matter. Jasi Blade maybe?
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:
Causa wrote:

Your first name should be made up. Your last name can be anything since it doesn't matter. Jasi Blade maybe?

No.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Branch wrote:

No.

Just make it a creative variation of Jason.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:

No.

Just make it a creative variation of Jason.

Jacen.
Back to top Go down
Causa
Toneless Paragon
Toneless Paragon
Causa

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:40 pm

Branch wrote:

Jacen.

Jazon, Jasio, Jaso, Jasok, Jaski.
Back to top Go down
Branch
The Fabulous
Branch

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Causa wrote:
Branch wrote:

Jacen.

Jazon, Jasio, Jaso, Jasok.

Yeah, those roll right off the tongue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]   The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cabana Art Shop [Commission holders need to check this!]
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next